d16z6 need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sunnysideup

i just did a 1995 d16z6 swap into my 1992 eg that had a d15b7 in it, the swap went smoothly but we are having a few problems, the car will idle but does not want to start or run sometimes, and when it does run it will on rev up a bit and then the rpms surge similar to launch control or limp mode, i am running a p28 ecu and and si transmission i am also throwing codes for my o2 sensor, my iacv,my map sensor my tps and my a/c current, but i know for a fact that the map and tps sensors are good because they have been replaced any help would be really appriciated because i need my car...=[

Is your idle up and down?
Is your o2 the right one? a 4 wire o2?
Is your TPS in the right spot ( i don't know the volts for open and closed TB off the top of my head)
Did you get the right map sensor?
Or the easiest thing would be that you mixed up some of the plugs in that area did you try and switch them around?

was the map sensor on the fire wall of your car and the tb of the new motor? and did you change the wriring harness?

mintoxik, my map sensor and tps are the correct ones, they were pulled off of a working d16, could a ground problem be causeing this? it is so sever the car is no where near drivable....and the only two sensor with the same plugs are correct i have triple checked them, also could a vacum hose being hooked up tho the wrong place cause this? i am semi new to hondas and i am not sure about alot of things..

if it was a ground i dont think the car would start at all. sounds like something isnt hooked up right

well now it doesnt seem to be starting at all, does anyone know where i can get a wire harness diagram and a vaccum hose diagram?

repair manual has wiring in the back and there should be a vacuum diagram under the hood

new update and would appriciate assistance, i am now kicking a throttle position code, an i acv code and an eith a/t code or something around the area of a code 41

Back