D16Z6 On an HF block?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok i search and search but the answer to my question is not answered. i have an 89 CRX HF and i want to do the mini-me swap. now i have the d16z6 head and about to get the timing belt for it. i was wondering if it'll bolt-on with my block? also i want to use my stock ecu, distributor and a custom vtec controller. Can this be done on an 89 HF.

couple of things - the head will bolt onto the block, but before you do it, you need to check to see if you have sufficient valve to piston clearance - the HF, being an 8 valve engine, does not have valve reliefs in the pistons for the other 8 valves - don't know what timing belt you need, but i don't believe the Z6 belt will work, nor will the one for the HF - the HF distributor will not bolt directly to the Z6 head - the engine will run with the HF ECU, but not very well - you really need the Si ECU to do what you plan by keeping it OBD0

I can get the ecu for the d16a6 head but i don't know if my distributor would work with it and i will go obd1 if i have too. my biggest concerns are the distributor and the valve clearance.

your gonna have to get the pistons out of the vtec motor i think. Keep the CRX love alive man! I put a b16 in mine best thing i ever did

does anybody really know this answer. i want to have the only CRX on my block with a sohc vtec motor. but i'm so broke that i won't have money to replace this engine if it blows.

Umm... Nevermind the admin can close this thread. :angry: i just found out found out that i will bang valves with piston if i do this swap. :angry:

Quoted post[/post]]
Umm... Nevermind the admin can close this thread. :mad: i just found out found out that i will bang valves with piston if i do this swap. :mad:

Ok change of plans. i now got a jdm D15B head. i am getting new psitons for it but i want to know if i can use the ex piston. alos since i am still keeping my car OBD0 i want to usa a SI ECU and want to know to setup my own vtec conroller.

Back