d16z6 or d16y7 build?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic4dr

hey guys im new to all this. but i got a d16z6 with y8-y7 non vtec head in my 92 civic sedan. i got a y7 block and 2 z6 vtec heads sitting around at my house. im wanting to rebuild the whole thing for up to 20psi boost...which engine would be better? does it really matter? also if someone has the time to gimmie all the nec. parts and brands i need to accomplish this. just want to be able to boost 20psi but it will be my daily driver after finished @ 10psi. any info would be awesome...all i need is parts, top or middle class brands, and price's on everything needed.....also...new clutch and tranny as well..5spd of course...anything is appreciated!!!!!!!thanks ^_^

i dont really need the prices....but just the parts and brands...i can get prices myself....but i do need the help....its much appreciated for any info!!! thanks

thanks...but i wanna know the parts from people who use them and know them....internet brings up all kinds of shit

lol...im new at this forum thing man...sorry....but hopefully i will find what i need...do you have any estimation on how much doe im looking to spend for what i wanna do? thanks again

well dont even think abot building the y7 as they have horible oiling system in them and are know for spining bearings. as for money you are goingto spend lots 5-8k when you are done with every thing fuel system, engine management, turbo parts, axles, trans upgrades, building the engine and many other things.

well dont even think abot building the y7 as they have horible oiling system in them and are know for spining bearings. as for money you are goingto spend lots 5-8k when you are done with every thing fuel system, engine management, turbo parts, axles, trans upgrades, building the engine and many other things.

thanks man:)

Go all Z6 and build it.

Do you want to see my Y7? About 100,000 miles.

100_3867.jpg

100_3869.jpg

hey if you wanna sell on of you z6 heads let me know cause i need one.

Back