D16Z6 question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LarsonSi_0091

i know i new to this site but i have a 91 crx and i did a d16z6 swap in it. well i got the conversion harness from rywire obd0 to obd1 and i also did the injector swap and go the dizzy convertor with it but my problem is that i cannot get any fuel to the cylinders. i have spark and fuel all the way to the fuel rail but its just like it doesnt want to pulse it into the cylinder. i got it to fire up with starting fluid but it shuts off as soon as it burns it all up. if you have any info that would help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

Im not sure if your factory setup has the injector resistor box, but it probably does. If it does and your running obd1 injectors you will need to eliminate it. I dont have any how to rite ups on hand to give you, but if you search you should find the info you need.

I would definetly double check your wiring. Also check all the pins you moved around. It would only take 1 pin not making contact somewhere to give you all sorts of problems.

well i had to wire up the knock sensor in the back of the block and cut a wire to ground it. yes i got the conversion for the dizzy. i used the block-off plug and i replugged the injectors myself yes.

i guess so it was something that i had to wire up according to the instructions. but i just got done testing to see if i was getting power to my injectors and i am so i have no clue what the problem is.

well i checked the the codes that the ecu was throwing and all i got was some oxygen sensor ones and a engine temp sensor that was bout it

ok so i found out that i have power to both sides of the injectors when your only supposed to have power to one side but still dont know how to solve that problem.

already did he said that he doesnt know the problem the only thing it could be is that my ecu could be bad so im gonna borrow my buddies 2morrow to see if that solves the problem.

yea clogged injectors arent gonna cause it to get power on the negitive side of the injector. yes i ran the codes and all i got was o2 sensor code and water temp sensor code. thoes shouldnt have nothing to do with it starting up.

lol its ok and understandable but im just gonna try my buddies ecu tomorrow and if thats the problem ill get another one

any luck? i am having the same problem with a d15/y8 mini me swap. i have spark i have fuel gettin in the rail i have power to my injectors i just dont have a pulse, i have a non v-tec dizzy would that be a problem? do u have a v-tec dizzy

Back