D16z6 rebuild HELP!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
ok, so this d16z6T i picked up is pulling compression figures somewhere around 100, 37, 5 and 60 psi

i need a rebuild and FAST

anyone know what it usually costs to bore a block and put new pistons in?
i plan to get my own parts, just wondering what the machine work will cost me...

depends on the shop, for a good hone, balance, jet was/hot tank, minor machining etc....from $200-400 approx.

you;re west coast?

i now have 2 d16z6's, one smokes badly, and the other has shitty compression numbers...

i don't know if its better to rebuild, or to get another motor...

this sucks

yeah west coast...well if you down for replacing the internals (rings, bearings, yada, yada) I would choose the one with less milage, since the hone and machining will take care of the rest....or find one in good condition, thats the cheaper route, but you never know what you are going to get...

do you think i could get away with just replacing the rings, hone-ing it myself, and lapping the valves myself?

i think the rings on the smoke-ing one sunk into the pistons from overheating, but thats just a guess...

maybe..but if the rings are that bad, the cylinder walls might not be true and you could end up with a huge headache.....

Quoted post[/post]]
if you were closer to me, I culd build you a setup, but distance is a problem.

Can you install a head? If so send me the block, we sell parts and rebuild engines. I either have the parts to rebuild it here or get them within 1-2 days. As for what block to use, use the one in better shape. I charge $400.00 to build a bottom end. Add $100-$150.00 for cleaning, decking and honing the block. The route i suggest going:

Wiseco Pistons: $475.00 w/ Rings & wrist pins
Eagle Rods: $375.00
Oem Honda Rod & Main Bearings: $130.00
ARP Headstuds $120.00

I can have it in the mail back to you in about 9 days assuming everything is A+

I just finished my LS/VTEC turbo build. B18A Bored to 84mm Darton Sleeved, wiseco's, and crowers. Take a look...

My 95' Civic Coupe

you're talking between 1500 and 2K dumped into a D series...

i need a better option, i am not putting 2K into a single cam vtec...

yea, i saw a rebuild on ebay, advertising OE quality parts for a little under 400 bucks

i guess i will be calling the machine shop today

there is one guy turco out of rosendale that does serious v8 work and has limited honda experience

he did a gsr motor that was boosted putting down 500+ whp
fucktard kept ripping mounts so he went with solid mounts and destroyed the block, he told me it basically ripped itself apart...

kid went and got a dart block, then sold everything off, but kept the civic, he's attempting to put a 350 in a civic...

there is another place called empire engines that does rebuilds, but no idea on prices yet...

so i just talked to turco

he is looking at about 950 for just labor for redoing the motor, parts would be on me...

he said hondas are great and they suck at the same time...
according to him the blocks have codes inside and you need charts and math to determine each bearing size...
he told me he went through, figured it all out, and send the guy to honda with a list, he was VERY impressed that each and every bearing was withing one thousand-ths of what is should be...

950 would include hot tank, bore, measurments, and reassembly of the long block, as well as a head reconditioning...

Back