d16z6 rev out @5000rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joeyn

I recently picked up a 1995 civic EX with the d16z6 1.6 sohc vtech. I got it for $500 from a friend. The car was doing great and I could feel the vtech push the car after 4500 rpms. The problem is that it is now slipping out at 5000 rpms. I think it is a clutch problem. Any ideas? I know im a noob but I could use the help.

Toooooo much power from the VTACH!!!:eek:o:eek:o:eek:o

Seriously though. could you kinda specify on what you mean by slipping? as in out of gear and you have to put the car back in gear? Check your tranny fluid if thats it. Then check the motor mounts to see if the engine has any excessive rocking causing it to pull it out of gear.

Or is it the clutch.

Take your foot off the clutch and or adjust it.

then go from there

It was reving as if it was redlining when i hit 5000 rpms. I adjusted the clutch and the problem dissapeared. Thanks.

I guess he means that the clutch was slipping. Depending on how much you adjusted it I think you might be needing a clutch real soon if it starts slipping at crossover of vtec. It must be that extra 5 ft/lbs of torque making it slip...

Back