d16z6 running rich?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93Spooner

ok so i just rebuilt my engine at my dads friends speed shop he mainly builds v8 and shit he works for a top fuel drag team too well its a D16Z6 and we bored it 40 over and shaved the block and head also ported and polished the head now the engine is burning alot of fuel about 19-22 miles to to the gallon i can smell it loading up on fuel but its not throwing a check engine light so idk how to lean it out any help would be great thanks guys

i'm guessin you have a mostly stock engine? if so i wouldnt think that going 40 over would be enough to alter your mixture to the point you could smell it but i guess 40 over is alot. near the max i think. well can you put a larger throttle body on? gow bout an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? you may need to upgrade your ecu with a larger throttle body and or adjustible fuel pressure regulator. but these are just my thoughts. i have never had to go 40 over yet on a honda motor but now you have me ready if any engines i work on get to needin to go over 40 due to wear.

yea the only pistons they had in stock at the moment were 30 over and 40 over so i said fuck it the bigger the better lol

what kinda pistons did you use? i always use a factory replacement piston an all my rebuilds as far as the imports are concerned but i havent built any high horsepower or forced induction engines for imports yet. maybe one day i will. but for now i've only built those for american v-8 cars like my mustang 5.0's . how long did you have to wait if you wanted 30 over pistons? my machine shop usually gets them in about a day or two in most cases for any stock type of rebuild. the only time the machine shop had issues ordering parts on an import i was involved in was when the car we were talking about having the motor re-built for was a 92 acura vigor-that inline 5 cylinder thing it has. we found pistons in dealers and other sources but the bearings is what we couldnt find. we serched the dealer database for all dealers in north america and we couldnt find awhole set of main bearings for it. we found 3 bearings and they were all different sizes and all in different dealerships. ordering from japan would have taken 2 months and custom made would have been like 400 bucks for just the bearings. was your request for pistons to be ordered going to take that long to if you were to order them?

no i could of goten 30 over they were in stock but i just went 40 over thinking it would make more power and there the factory replacement piston

Back