D16z6 Swap in 89 CRX si.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jkendall

Finally got this swap in and the car will not crank, no clicking from the starter at all. Car has a p28 ecu, rywire obd0 to obd1 conversion harness, d16z6 distributor, a6 intake manifold, fuel injectors. All grounds are on and tight (front of tranny, thermostat, valve cover). Jumpered the conversion harness and I get a code 15 (Ignition Output). When the car is in the crank position I have no 12v power to the small wire on the solenoid and I also have no power to the ignitor inside the distributor. Someone had mentioned that I might have a bad ignition switch so I ordered a new one but have to wait until I get it. I wired up the distributor with my old obd0 plugs making sure to match color for color (with the exception of the two white wires). Does someone have a diagram or can write me one to confirm my distributor is wired correctly? Any other help is appreciated as I need this thing running soon!

Main Relay?
Burnt fuses?
Pull the hazzard and ECU fuses on the inner pass fender while ign off and re-set ECU

Do you know if the P-28 ran fine before?

I hate wiring, it gives me anxiety just to think of a swap in any of my cars.

E

If it was the starter ground the starter solenoid would still get a signal. I had a similar issue on my CRX-GSR swap but it was just the ground, that's the only reason I know this.

I'd double check your fuses and put in the relay once you get it. Sounds like the starteer switch to me. Good luck bud!

You could turn the ign to 'run' and then run a (+) jumper to the little shielded male terminal on the starter. If it turns over (you just bypassed the switch) and then starts and runs, it's probably the starter.
If it just turns over and doesn't start, it might be the switch or other (?) in that circuit..

Dontcha love wiring..? Besides the wife and kids, this gives me the most gray hair.

E

Don't forget to make sure it's out of gear too!

E

Hey, forgot.. Check the starter signal wire. Look for corrosion! A leaking battery can sometimes bleed all over and soak up in that wire if that brown plastic protector has been smashed.

Last edited:
Back