d16z6 swap into 92 civic hatch dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shithatch

Ok its final im gettin a d16z6 this w/e. What all do i need to do? can i pop out my old ecu, throw the new one in, use my stock harness and just run the vtec???? Or just throw in the new harness...What is the easiest way to do this swap. Thanks

The easiest way is to get the harness with the D16Z6, and just plug it in. Swap out the ECUs, and the 4 wire o2, everything will plug right in.

you'll have to run 2 vtec wires to your ecu, it yours isn't pre-wired for it. i have a cx, and mine wasn't pre-wired for vtec

So I swap out the wiring harness and ecu completely? How easy is this? is the wiring harness all wrapped up into the dash with the cluster?

NO, you just use the engine compartment harness that is on the motor-

plus the stock wiring harness from the motor into the shock tower plugs, switch the O2 sensor to 4 wire and plug a P28 into the stock ecu plugs and you're good to go

this is so unbelievably easy because this motor came stock in this car

alright i pulled the harness from the d15 and got the ecu out... but this harness that goes into the firewall looks kinda complicated. Looks like the harness from the lights runs in along with it. Do i cut the loom open and seperate the 2? or take it all out?

DEAR GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

leave the harness that goes from the shock tower plugs through the firewall alone

you're going to plug the harness from the d16z6 into the SHOCK TOWER PLUGS

Alright thats what i thought! what about vtec!!!!?
is it ran? i just plug in the computer Hopefully!!!!!!!!!???

yeah all the 92 civic models are prewired for vtec

just plug the harness from the d16z6 into your shock tower plugs and then plug the P28 ecu that you have into the ecu plugs inside the car

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Oct 7 2004, 01:19 AM

[post=399264]Quoted post[/post]​
¨

Does this count for european civic too?
I have gotten a hold of the exact same engine and are doing the swap from my original 1,3l european dx (d13 something)

Originally posted by rex@civic94+Oct 21 2004, 10:17 AM-->
Slammed90Lude
@Oct 7 2004, 01:19 AM

¨

I have gotten a hold of the exact same engine and are doing the swap from my original 1,3l european dx (d13 something)
[post=405531]Quoted post[/post]​

I believe the 1.3's are carburated, so no, you'll need to do a LOT more to it, such as pretty much replacing the whole fuel system, and wiring harness.

<_< What do you mean by "pretty much the whole fuel system"? Does that count in the fueltank?
And if I get the harness to the new engine will that do the trick?

Not to be thread jacking but I i thought that only the vx and si where wired for vtec? please correct me if i am wrong but i have a 92 dx and i'll be throwing in a b18c and if it is true that the 92's all where prewired i'll be very happy :)

All 1992 american, canadian and japanese civics came wired for vtec, well at least every fuel injected one around the world. There are some 93-95 non vtecs that got the "wiring package" but don't be suprised if it isn't there.

Shithatch,
it will just plug in, do not fuck with anything else (wiring), unplug the 3 plugs on each side and plug the new one in, only other thing you need to do is put in a new o2, again just plug it in (or if u get a universal splice it).
Unplug the old ECU, Plug the new one in.
Reconnect the linkage, axles and fuel system and your good to go.

This swap would take me no more than 6 hours if EVERYTHING was there. I did a B series swap in like 8 hours but I'm special, j/p.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Oct 21 2004, 01:58 PM-->
Originally posted by rex@civic94@Oct 21 2004, 10:17 AM
Slammed90Lude
@Oct 7 2004, 01:19 AM

¨

[post=405531]Quoted post[/post]​

I believe the 1.3's are carburated, so no, you'll need to do a LOT more to it, such as pretty much replacing the whole fuel system, and wiring harness.
[post=405559]Quoted post[/post]​

<_< What do you mean by "pretty much the whole fuel system"? Does that count in the fueltank?

Originally posted by rex@civic94@Oct 22 2004, 07:24 AM

[post=406047]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, if it's carbed, it may have a different fuel pump, lines, etc...I haven't realy compared my friends to mine, but I am pretty sure it is different enough to be a real pain.

Back