d16z6 swap questions?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Racer_Richy

So I'm swaping a d16z6 into my '89 crx, currently it has d15b7 I believe. Wondering what I need for the swap new engine is obd1 and I believe the car is obd0?

attached are two pic's one of current engine bay and second is the d16z6

as much info as possible would help THANKS

Attachments

• crx d15.jpg
    crx d15.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 4,078
  • 848d_12.jpg
    848d_12.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 13,474
yea you will need to convert it to obd1 and also convert it to mpfi, other than that just trade the driver side motor mount for your stock one and it will all drop right in and bolt right up

Last edited:
So I'm swaping a d16z6 into my '89 crx, currently it has d15b7 I believe. Wondering what I need for the swap new engine is obd1 and I believe the car is obd0?

attached are two pic's one of current engine bay and second is the d16z6

as much info as possible would help THANKS

To do the swap would would need;

-d16z6 engine complete (you already have)
-Both engine wire harness, donor's engine and your car's engine
-p28 ecu
-ecu harness jumper
-dpfi to mpfi instructions(lots of write ups in this site)

Optional!
-new timing belt,water pump, oil pump,
-new clutch,pressure plate and throw out bearing

You would also need to get a 5 spd tranny if you dont have one,but you could use your car's tranny and flywheel.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
To do the swap would would need;

-d16z6 engine complete (you already have)
-Both engine wire harness, donor's engine and your car's engine
-p28 ecu
-ecu harness jumper
-dpfi to mpfi instructions(lots of write ups in this site)

Optional!
-new timing belt,water pump, oil pump,
-new clutch,pressure plate and throw out bearing

You would also need to get a 5 spd tranny if you dont have one,but you could use your car's tranny and flywhell.

Good Luck.

So I have everything I need, except the (ecu harness jumper) any one have a link to one and need less to say cheaper the better cause I burned up most of the money for the project on rebuilding the engine and the head but it should hold 14-15psi reliable which I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the month. Then I will be working on my lexus ls400 it has the same motor as the HKS supra tt.

Thanks to everyone helping with info!!

ecu jumper

yes rywire has the jumper for about 100.00 dollars.

since i've done my swap, i've gotten I/H/E, flywheel, PM7 pistons, skunk2 intake manifold and a stage 2 cam (59300) and boy am i impressed. I beat b16's in eg's, ek's. i'm gonna take it to famoso in a month. I'll let you know what i run. if you want pics let me know and i'll post em

help

so i got a d16 z6 swap in my 91 honda civic hb, and everytime im idling the motor revs. ive herd it could be one of the sensors but i have no idea. any help?

Back