D16Z6 Swap/turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok awesome, im going to try and find myself a GS-R. And would that just fit on my existing engine mounts? Or am i going to have to refit everything?

The B series motors drop right into the civic eg's, it might be the same for the DelSol but I'm not sure. You will still need the original mounts, and also the right axles. That's the bare minimum. Oh and ECU and OBD conversion if needed.

The B series motors drop right into the civic eg's, it might be the same for the DelSol but I'm not sure. You will still need the original mounts, and also the right axles. That's the bare minimum. Oh and ECU and OBD conversion if needed.

Just to clarify here, you'll need B-series mounts, but they will bolt in, no fabrication required. And also, just in case you didn't know, you can't bolt up a B-series engine to a D-series transmission, so you'll need a transmission too...

oh man, thats ok though, mine tranny is on its way out anyways. Now someone said a full swap will be like 1000-2000. Does that include the tranny and ecu and mounts or just the bare engine? Thanks for the help btw, extremly helpful for a honda noob like myself

For $1000 to $2000, you should be able to get motor, tranny, and ECU. Unless you plan on a GSR then it'll cost you more than the $2K. A strong LS would be your best bet for that money. And you'll still need engine mounts and more than likely an exhaust manifold. Also to remember, keep a little extra cash for when you do the swap. It always happens, something breaks or is not working right after the swap and has to be replaced. Plus, you'll have fluids and hoses and what not. The stock civic radiator hoses will not fit over the water necks on the LS motor.

oh man, thats ok though, mine tranny is on its way out anyways. Now someone said a full swap will be like 1000-2000. Does that include the tranny and ecu and mounts or just the bare engine? Thanks for the help btw, extremly helpful for a honda noob like myself

step back and take a deep breath for a second. everything you need is on this website. we try to help after people help themselves. there is a HUGE faq section that covers every question you have. if you read that and still need answers, post again. until then, reading is your friend.

everything you need is posted right below. good luck ^_^
Read First :: Frequently Asked Questions - HondaSwap Forums

Swap Articles - HondaSwap Forums

Reference Materials - HondaSwap Forums

step back and take a deep breath for a second. everything you need is on this website. we try to help after people help themselves. there is a HUGE faq section that covers every question you have. if you read that and still need answers, post again. until then, reading is your friend.

everything you need is posted right below. good luck ^_^
Read First :: Frequently Asked Questions - HondaSwap Forums

Swap Articles - HondaSwap Forums

Reference Materials - HondaSwap Forums

Thanks, but I'm really just looking for advice, not so much technical information about how to do the swap. I have been doing a lot of reading on what is involved in making the swap, parts need, ect. Just seeing if the community would favor a D16Z6 turbo or a complete B series swap. Thank you for the information though, i will read through it.

well, i thought i would give you links since you are asking about trannies, mounts, etc. turbo-d vs b-series has been asked for years. if you ask everybody on hs, no 2 will give you the same answer for the same reason. you need to find what fits you.

1)budget
2)maintenence
3)hp goals
4)mechanical know-how
5)other mods (i.e. do you plan on going fast and not stopping? get some brakes)

IMO you should boost the D (thats what im doing) but you would have to build the shit out of it to make it a reliable DD. Forged rods, pistons, crank shaft, if you really wanted to sleeve the block. port&polish the head and intake manifold (i dont see the point in buying a whole ne intake mani), junk yard turbo kit= around 300whp but that if you tune it right.
and for brakes since the del sol si already has disks all the way (single piston but they still work fine) just get new rotors (drilled and slotted maybe??) and new pads. if you want to stop on a dime get new calipers (no need unless your going to drag the car)

Last edited:
idk something like that not too sure, doesnt really concern me unless it [torque] is going to have a direct impact on my acceloration. Not looking to peel my tires or anything

FYI (why didn't any of you mention this, tools! Heh) Torque is DIRECTLY related to acceleration. So, to answer your question, YES its VERY important.

Which B-series engine have you considered? Brutal is right on the money (as the bastard usually is..haha) when he suggested the B16 or B18 swaps. The GSR, as he already stated is a bit more but has a lot more power. Why in the world am I repeating what he said I do not know. It's probably because deep inside I yearn to be just like him. HOUSE FOR PRESIDENT! :D

What is your budget? I saw a $1000-$2000 figure up there but it did not seem like that was what you had allocated for the swap.

Back