D16Z6 Swap Wont Start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

teddejong

Just swapped into a 92 Civic DX D15B7 to a D16Z6 used DX wiring harness but added VTEC wires. P28 ECU. Automatic transmission. The engine cranks but won't start. Im getting spark. Tested this but grounding it to valve cover. All spark plugs sparked. I checked the fuel and spark plugs smelt and appeared to have gas on them. Timing belt appears to be correct and lines up with TDC. I took a video of trying to start it up. Any ideas. Heres the link YouTube - Honda wont start

Do you have the spark plug wires in the correct firing order on the distributor? And check your timing again..

sounds like your spark plugs are in the wrong spots on the dizzy, also double check that you attached the ground on the engine harness to the thermostat housing, with the 10mm bolt, if you dont hook that up then your fuel pump wont run.

Damn dude, that sounds just like my 93 D16Z6 too. I was told the dizzy needs to be replaced. That sound haunts me.

Back