1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16Z6 Swap Wont Start

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by teddejong, Jun 22, 2009.

1. teddejong

teddejong New Member

Just swapped into a 92 Civic DX D15B7 to a D16Z6 used DX wiring harness but added VTEC wires. P28 ECU. Automatic transmission. The engine cranks but won't start. Im getting spark. Tested this but grounding it to valve cover. All spark plugs sparked. I checked the fuel and spark plugs smelt and appeared to have gas on them. Timing belt appears to be correct and lines up with TDC. I took a video of trying to start it up. Any ideas. Heres the link YouTube - Honda wont start

2. teddejong

teddejong New Member

3. EP3Hatch1987

EP3Hatch1987 Meeeeooowww!!!!!

Do you have the spark plug wires in the correct firing order on the distributor? And check your timing again..

4. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

sounds like your spark plugs are in the wrong spots on the dizzy, also double check that you attached the ground on the engine harness to the thermostat housing, with the 10mm bolt, if you dont hook that up then your fuel pump wont run.

5. serrilion

serrilion In my own little world! VIP

Sounds like the dizzy, it will be in ya hanes or Chitron manual, if not refure to this link :)

Rywire - Online Store

Hope it helps

6. EGDriver93

EGDriver93 New Member

Damn dude, that sounds just like my 93 D16Z6 too. I was told the dizzy needs to be replaced. That sound haunts me.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted