d16z6 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thegreat1310

me and my freind just installed a d16z6 into his 92 hatchback dx we got the car running but it stays at 2000rpm when running.anybody know what the problem could be? thanks for any help provided

Throttle cable
vacuum leak
intake manifold or throttle not properly seated

and a few other things but those are what I would check first.

no all that stuff is cool, when i first start it its normal at 900rpm then 5 seconds later i can hear a valve kick in at the back of the thorttle body and it stays at 2000rpm o yeah we are using the dx ecu is that the problem? i put in my p28 but its for an auto z6

Well try replacing it with a known good one, and see if that fixes the problem.

Originally posted by thegreat1310@Apr 18 2005, 12:36 AM
me and my freind just installed a d16z6 into his 92 hatchback dx we got the car running but it stays at 2000rpm when running.anybody know what the problem could be? thanks for any help provided
[post=488187]Quoted post[/post]​

i would check and make sure that you have all your sensors plugged into the right plugs

yeah dude, def. sounds like a sensor

throwing any CEL's?

when I first got the GSR in the hatch, had the same problem

half of it was due to the throttle cable and the other half was because the MAP wasn't wired properly

MY dx actually had two plugs that appeared to me MAP plugs- One came directly off the same harness tail as the TPS plug and the other one just came from a random location out of the firewall on the passenger side- Turns out the random one from the firewall was the right plug

one problem is the auto ecu the other is check to make sure the connectors for the iac valve iat sensor and the vacuumm controled sensor to the right of those are plugged in right becuse all three of those connectors will fit on each other i know i had the same problem with mine

Originally posted by 92d15b@Apr 28 2005, 07:35 PM
one problem is the auto ecu the other is check to make sure the connectors for the iac valve iat sensor and the vacuumm controled sensor to the right of those are plugged in right becuse all three of those connectors will fit on each other i know i had the same problem with mine
[post=492763]Quoted post[/post]​

you just confused the hell out of me .. . :huh:

Originally posted by thegreat1310@May 2 2005, 06:34 AM
we fixed the problem, its was a bad map sensor
[post=493883]Quoted post[/post]​

Werd up, like it?

Back