D16z6 to B18c type r in 93 del sol

Alright everyone I know that this is a largely asked question, but I just got the B18c type r and I'

• B18

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D16

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cole

Alright everyone I know that this is a largely asked question, but I just got the B18c type r and I'm swapping it into my 93 del sol si, on the B18c the fuse box is on the driver side while the delsols is on the passenger, how could I go about wireing it up?

Welcome to hondaswap ! post up some pictures of your ride sounds sweet, and fuse panel location really doesn't matter about the engine harness the 93 Del Sol is OBD1, for the most straight forward swap you need a 94-95 b18c if not you need to convert the car to odb2 , if you have a obd1 swap it should be drop in and plug everything up and done and swap ecu's

you will not be using the JDM engine harness (except to cannibalize for parts)

you can use and modify your factory harness
you will need to extend the wires for the O2 and one other sensor (cant remember which one off the top of my head)
being that there is no OBD-1 type R the engine you have should be OBD-2
this is a fairly simple thing to work around
the parts in question will be the distributor, the alternator, the injectors
you can use the OBD-2 equipment on the engine already or swap it out for OBD-1 parts
in order to use the OBD-2 parts you will need to solder the OBD-2 connectors on to your OBD-1 harness
it is not that hard to do as long as you know how to splice a wire and solder (definitely use heat shrink) then loom and wrap everything back up and it should look and function like it came that way from the factory

if you have an S model del sol you will also need to add the wires for VTEC
again not too hard (or you can buy a ready made harness from rywire)

the other option ($$$$$) would be to get an engine harness for a 94-95 Integra GSR
this will plug directly into the plugs in your engine bay (will still need to wire for VTEC if not already equipped)

Back