D16Z6 Torque Specs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I need main bearing tolerances, torque for main caps, rod bearings, front main, and rear main caps. I can't afford to buy a Helms' manual yet, nor can I afford to just tighten until my elbow clicks. Thanks for your help.

go to autozone.com

click on repair info, select 1995 honda civic
then look under engine specifications and torque specifications

i guarantee its there

No offense to Autozone, as it's where I buy the majority of my parts. But because these measurements can determine whether or not I have to rebuild this engine, I would rather rely on information from Honda's actual engine manual. I just can't get past the guy at the desk to steal one from their service department.

you must be challenged

you think they make this shit up???
you think the people at auto zone rip down motors and figure out tolerances???

auto zone does retail auto parts... RETAIL...

they do not make the books, write the books, or even READ the books... they just sell em...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 12 2005, 04:34 PM
you must be challenged

you think they make this shit up???
you think the people at auto zone rip down motors and figure out tolerances???

auto zone does retail auto parts... RETAIL...

they do not make the books, write the books, or even READ the books... they just sell em...
[post=486273]Quoted post[/post]​

:huh: That was my entire point...

what in the holy fuck are you talking about?

numbers are numbers...

you need em, i told you where to get em...

buy a helms

Originally posted by reckedracing+Apr 12 2005, 04:41 PM-->
what in the holy fuck are you talking about?
[post=486281]Quoted post[/post]​
Sofa King Slow
@Apr 12 2005, 04:14 PM
Because these measurements can determine whether or not I have to rebuild this engine, I would rather rely on information from Honda's actual engine manual. I just can't get past the guy at the desk to steal one from their service department.
[post=486252]Quoted post[/post]​

That's what I'm talking about. And, no, numbers are not numbers. The wrong numbers could blow the engine.

if you can PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt that the following numbers are wrong or inaccurate i will personally paypal you 1 dollar to buy yourself a cookie...

0900823d8014154b.gif

I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with you. It's just nearly impossible to type the way words would sound if spoken. I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything. I trust Autozone for wiper blades and filters and light bulbs, but not internal torque specs.

but what i'm saying is auto zone did not originate these numbers, they are simply copied... and available for free on their website...

Back