1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16z6 Turbo

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by Justcheetah, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Justcheetah

Justcheetah New Member

Hey guys I was just needing some info about boosting a D16z6 in my Del Sol si. I recently got a Garrett T25 [COLOR=#0072BC ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][COLOR=#0072BC ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]turbo [/FONT][COLOR=#0072BC ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]kit[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and wanted to know what I needed to do to the engine to get it ready for the boost. I know what it requires on an H22 to put boost in it and did not know if I needed to do that much work to the bottom end. Any help will be appreciated.

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

for a t25, you don't have to touch the bottom end at all. it won't make enough power to warrant touching internals

3. Justcheetah

Justcheetah New Member

Cool thanks. I have decided to send my ECU off to Xenocron to have them chip it. Also I am getting some DSM 450cc injectors and probably the 255 lph fuel pump just for the future. Is there anything else that I will need besides the tuning. Just let me know but I am pretty sure that this should cover it.

4. SLOWdelawareEG

SLOWdelawareEG my cars go fast

good move going to xeno. they know their shit. you need the fuel pump/inj setup to be able to use your xeno/crome ecu, however. theyll probably send you a basemap setup for fuel flow of at least walbro255/440cc or more. the pump/injectors are not "possible options for the future" if you want boost, theyre mandatory. as for the injectors, id recommend buying new ones. recycled dsm/resistor box setups work, im just a fan of new parts, especially when new inexpensive direct-fit injectors can be used. thats just me. junkyard fuel setups will only save you about $100, and itll cost you much more than that to replace a piston with a hole in it or a few snapped rods when your 200k mile dsm injector finally fails and your car becomes a rolling detonation machine

5. Justcheetah

Justcheetah New Member

Alright well I guess I will get the fuel pump/injector kit and get the ecu chipped. I think that should be all the mods that I should need besides the turbo, intercooler, downpipe, exhaust kit, piping, and manifold for my 6-7 psi setup. Let me know if you think otherwise.

6. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

that thing can handle a lot more than 6-7 psi

7. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

Yea, 6-7 psi with a t25 on a D is going to have very minimal gains

8. Justcheetah

Justcheetah New Member

I know that the psi # does not matter. First off if I was going to raise the boost up I would need a boost controller right? This is just taken from what I have been told though, if it is wrong just let me know. I am new to this whole process. In the past I have always stayed N.A. Secondly would I be alright to add more horsepower (for you Blanco) with what I stated that I am going to get including: the ecu chipped, the 450cc injectors, and the 255 fuel pump, and tuning of course. Once again thank you everybody for helping. I am just asking all of these questions because I want it to be perfect.

9. Justcheetah

Justcheetah New Member

That is what I am saying that I am going to do. What I would like to know is if I need a boost controller or not and if I need anything else other than what me and you have talked about, but I am taking it since you did not mention it that I do not need a boost controller or anything else for now. Just let me know man. Oh by the way just for your info I actually did know that I would need all of those things before I did the 450whp build and that is why I am waiting for now. So for now lets just forget the 450whp and save that for a long ways away and focus on the 200whp for now. Cool man.

10. Justcheetah

Justcheetah New Member

I did when you told me to the first time but I am getting the vibe that you are telling me that I have everything that I need besides the actual experience. Well there is only one way to get that right. To experience it. Thanks man.

11. Justcheetah

Justcheetah New Member

12. charleskwinter

charleskwinter ignore

this is the only thing that doesn't really matter. nothing.

l_______l

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted