D16z6 Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Justcheetah

Hey guys I was just needing some info about boosting a D16z6 in my Del Sol si. I recently got a Garrett T25 [COLOR=#0072BC ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][COLOR=#0072BC ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]turbo [/FONT][COLOR=#0072BC ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]kit[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and wanted to know what I needed to do to the engine to get it ready for the boost. I know what it requires on an H22 to put boost in it and did not know if I needed to do that much work to the bottom end. Any help will be appreciated.

for a t25, you don't have to touch the bottom end at all. it won't make enough power to warrant touching internals

Cool thanks. I have decided to send my ECU off to Xenocron to have them chip it. Also I am getting some DSM 450cc injectors and probably the 255 lph fuel pump just for the future. Is there anything else that I will need besides the tuning. Just let me know but I am pretty sure that this should cover it.

Cool thanks. I have decided to send my ECU off to Xenocron to have them chip it. Also I am getting some DSM 450cc injectors and probably the 255 lph fuel pump just for the future. Is there anything else that I will need besides the tuning. Just let me know but I am pretty sure that this should cover it.

good move going to xeno. they know their shit. you need the fuel pump/inj setup to be able to use your xeno/crome ecu, however. theyll probably send you a basemap setup for fuel flow of at least walbro255/440cc or more. the pump/injectors are not "possible options for the future" if you want boost, theyre mandatory. as for the injectors, id recommend buying new ones. recycled dsm/resistor box setups work, im just a fan of new parts, especially when new inexpensive direct-fit injectors can be used. thats just me. junkyard fuel setups will only save you about $100, and itll cost you much more than that to replace a piston with a hole in it or a few snapped rods when your 200k mile dsm injector finally fails and your car becomes a rolling detonation machine

Alright well I guess I will get the fuel pump/injector kit and get the ecu chipped. I think that should be all the mods that I should need besides the turbo, intercooler, downpipe, exhaust kit, piping, and manifold for my 6-7 psi setup. Let me know if you think otherwise.

Yea, 6-7 psi with a t25 on a D is going to have very minimal gains

I know that the psi # does not matter. First off if I was going to raise the boost up I would need a boost controller right? This is just taken from what I have been told though, if it is wrong just let me know. I am new to this whole process. In the past I have always stayed N.A. Secondly would I be alright to add more horsepower (for you Blanco) with what I stated that I am going to get including: the ecu chipped, the 450cc injectors, and the 255 fuel pump, and tuning of course. Once again thank you everybody for helping. I am just asking all of these questions because I want it to be perfect.

That is what I am saying that I am going to do. What I would like to know is if I need a boost controller or not and if I need anything else other than what me and you have talked about, but I am taking it since you did not mention it that I do not need a boost controller or anything else for now. Just let me know man. Oh by the way just for your info I actually did know that I would need all of those things before I did the 450whp build and that is why I am waiting for now. So for now lets just forget the 450whp and save that for a long ways away and focus on the 200whp for now. Cool man.

I did when you told me to the first time but I am getting the vibe that you are telling me that I have everything that I need besides the actual experience. Well there is only one way to get that right. To experience it. Thanks man.

Back