d16z6 turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TWISTEDIMAGE

did budget boost on 95 civic ex and is over heating when i hit boost a few times

has cx manifold 1g eclipse turbo and intercooler and bov

ran oil lines did not run coolant lines thru turbo

i think it needs a bigger radiator like a 3 core insted of the factory 2 core

any thoughts and if you have the parts i need let me know thanks

:wave:

there is no reason why a single core won't support your heat generation. dual, just that much more.

if you're having over heating problems, i'd look into your tune. you're probably running way too hot EGT's, too much timing, and an overall bad tune.

throw out the blue box and get some real manageemnt on there.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 21 2005, 09:39 AM
there is no reason why a single core won't support your heat generation. dual, just that much more.

if you're having over heating problems, i'd look into your tune. you're probably running way too hot EGT's, too much timing, and an overall bad tune.

throw out the blue box and get some real manageemnt on there.
[post=463772]Quoted post[/post]​

it is early in the morning what is egts
i am assuming plugs
love the blue box

dont want a missing link and a fmu thats why i opted foor the blue box maby a step colder plug will help?

timing is set at factory specs
not alot to tune from there

also running about 6.5 psi

thanks

guys

EGT = exhaust gas temperature

You need to get yourself a good wideband sensor and then tune your car from there- that way you can tell exactly what your air/fuel ratios are.

I have a boosted d16y8 and have had problems with my car overheating and overflowing coolant pretty much since I got the turbo. the problem has gradually gotten worse. I have tried trouble shooting from the cheapest to the most expensive fixes ( thermostat, radiator hoses, radiator caps, had my radiator checked) and have come to the conclusion that I need to lower my timing once I get uberdata installed and need to replace my head gasket. I dont know if this will help but there are a few articles here, at honda-tech, and d-deries.org that talk about this problem specifically with the d-series motor.

I have a boosted d16y8 and have had problems with my car overheating and overflowing coolant pretty much since I got the turbo. the problem has gradually gotten worse. I have tried trouble shooting from the cheapest to the most expensive fixes ( thermostat, radiator hoses, radiator caps, had my radiator checked) and have come to the conclusion that I need to lower my timing once I get uberdata installed and need to replace my head gasket. I dont know if this will help but there are a few articles here, at honda-tech, and d-deries.org that talk about this problem specifically with the d-series motor.

pull a comp test to check your cylinders, might be just a bad head gasket, but for the short term, turn your distributor to retard the timing...

what do you guys think of your budget boosted d's???

Originally posted by reckedracing@Feb 24 2005, 07:19 PM
what do you guys think of your budget boosted d's???
[post=465804]Quoted post[/post]​

230 whp and 12.6 @ 107 mph... I like my budget boosted d. :thumbsup:

I can't wait until I build my motor.

Back