1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d16z6 vs d16y8 (difference?)

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Samba Green Sol, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Samba Green Sol

Samba Green Sol Member

i just traded my 93 del sol si for a 99 civic ex (sniff sniff, i'll forever miss my baby). i needed something more reliable, for i may be married in a few years. anyway, i was just wondering if the y8 is an improvement over the z6 in performance. i can't feel the vtec kick very hard. is that because the new engine has a more linear power delievery or what? any help would be appreciated. thanks and God bless.

Sustained by Grace

2. Samba Green Sol

Samba Green Sol Member

c'mon guys, can't you help me out at all here?

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

it has .2 more compression, a better combustion chamber, thinner head gasket, better tranny, and better intake maifold, and shitty obd2. other than that, they are pretty close

4. Samba Green Sol

Samba Green Sol Member

thanks man. what about the vtec, it feels a lot smoother than the z6. or less abrupt, which ever makes more sense.

5. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

They are basically the same engine. You shouldn't feel VTEC kick in on any sohc. Not really anyway.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted