d16z6 vtec swap questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 90 honda civic si with a 94 d16z6 vtec swap. p28 ecu and full conversion harness. i have made a few mods to the harness and for air temp sen. / obd2 injectors and clips "without resistor box and plug wired toether" NOW HERE IS THE TRICKY PART!!! its a 1.6 vtec BUT, the guy i bought it from didnt do alot of things right so he put the intake manifold off the 1.6 from the old motor and its just screwin with me i think. my car just seems gutless. i recently came up on an intake off of a 97 d16y8 and there is a big differance. now a shit ass shop where i live say it will make all the differance. now is it or what. idle is %$^& up big time, no vacume leaks and up donw idleing. PLEASE HELP ME AND POINT ME IN SOME DIRECTION!!!!!!

z6

i got a mini me in my 91 hatch. z6 head with the a6 manifold and it pulls alright. still gonna get a blox or sk2 intake manifold. but when it first got going, my idle was tweakin too. was messin with the idle screw and took it out and found that the rubber ring around it was bad, took another one and tightened it all the way in and no more idle problem. worth a shot. good luck

Back