D16Z6 Wagon issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wago Dan

Hello Honda swap.

Let me first say that I am new to hondas all together.
I recently got my self an 88 civic wagon, automatic d15b2 dpfi. I picked up a d16z6 for a very good price and i have aquaired a lot of other parts as well, such as a gude throttle body, mugen replica headers, spare dizzy, new axles and many other small parts.

I wanted to know if anyone has swapped a obd1 d16z6 into an ef and how they went about keeping automatic. I keep finding the conversion harnesses for manual but not for auto. I know I still need a p28.

Any help is welcome guys,

Dan

first off u need to swap from dual point to mpfi rywire.com can help you with that... next thing would be u would need a obd0 to obd1 jumper harness and finally u would need an automatic transmission p28 ecu... yes there is a difference between the automatic and the manual ecu's. the rest of the engine swap project is bolt in no modification needed to put the z6 in.

So there's no issues with the auto lock up solenoid in the ef tranny being operated by the auto p28 ecu?

i have no clue i know the B series ls has its own separate ecu for the trans. but i think it should work jus using an automatic p28

Back