d16z6 with nitrous oxide?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tphan4

I have a 93 d16z6 with I/H/E...vision chipped p28.......I want to buy a zex nitrous kit with purge kit.....and I know that most people recommend running the nitrous at a 50/55 shot......But my questions are can I take it higher than that? and what needs to be done to make the engine more compatible with a larger shot of dry nitrous?

just make sure you give it enough fuel and you should be good...

and i mean A LOT of fuel, or else she'll pop
and you should prob stay under 50% of the stock power... maybe, MAYBE take it to 75 shot?

or you could build the motor for NOS

You can buy as big as a kit as you want...whether or not the engine can handle it is a different story. It depends on how much you use it...so thereoretically, you COULD...if you use it frequently, internals should be upgaded to withstand it.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 9 2004, 09:02 PM
just make sure you give it enough fuel and you should be good...

and i mean A LOT of fuel, or else she'll pop
and you should prob stay under 50% of the stock power... maybe, MAYBE take it to 75 shot?

or you could build the motor for NOS

what do mean build it for nos, like what parts?....like what parts should I get to run a 75 shot?.....The zex kit comes as a dry kit and it comes with preset nozzles in which you can change how big of a shot...i have a 50, 55, 75, 100, and 125 shot....I mean im only using nitrous because this is my daily driver so I dont want the boost on like turbo for daily driving....but yet I want big numbers at the track.....so what should I do to take my setup up to a 75 shot and maybe even bigger?

Originally posted by Havok@Apr 9 2004, 09:04 PM
You can buy as big as a kit as you want...whether or not the engine can handle it is a different story. It depends on how much you use it...so thereoretically, you COULD...if you use it frequently, internals should be upgaded to withstand it.

I plan on using it at the track only.....but what internals should be upgraded...I think I want to build the motor for nos ....so wat parts?.....also since i have a chipped ecu.....will that affect the timing on the nos at all?......i dont want detonation

SEARCH the site...

and read up as much as you can about NOS, then come back

do not run insane nitrous on a stock motor cause i will not last, especially with a n00b on the NOS button...

try a 50 shot and then see what you think

i did run a search on nitrous and the search had threads but didnt answer my questions......and as for noob on the nos button?.....this aint fast and furious man zex kits dont have a nos button...the have and activate switch which activates nitrous only when u hold the pedal down to full throttle....

uhm... good for you?

you're still a n00b, and if you knew anything you would run a button cause its the coolest, just like teh JDM yo...

just playing man, just make sure you have enough fuel and you should be good for a 100 shot, but if you want your motor to last don't push it that hard

and there is no point in wasting money to build a d for nos, take that money and get aswap

and you do know they make boost controllers right???
so you could run 4 pounds on the street and 12 pounds at the track????

just letting you know...

on hondas you can spray up to a 75 shot or 50% of factory hp, whichever comes first, on a stock engine and be ok. granted you run a rich gas to nitrous mixture 9.7:1 or richer and safer yet 8.5:1.

..and as for noob on the nos button?
lol u guys are mean... :bo:

Back