D16Z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hellspawned

First of all I'd like to say I'm very happy to find this site, I just bought a 95 civic ex, (My first honda and I'm lovin it) So far I've added a short ram air intake with a dc sport header, high flow cat, and racing muffler with 3 inch pipe. Problem is I'm now having smoke blowing out in between gears. I was just hope I could get some info on what I will need for new pistons and rings Thanks for all your help

hey welcome to the HONDA world!! thats actualy realy common for hondas, how many mi. are on it? i just swaped that motor into my crx.. but thats very common in honda's u could try that RESTORE, that u can get in any auto store. i havnt tryed it but i heard its good.. or i use Vavoline, Max Live, and it helps too... but its nothin to rebuild ur motor for... good luck man
Tyler

before I did my swap I asked the service manager at a local Honda dealership about my old motor smoking. He advised to run 20W50 weight oil until I was able to rebuild the motor. I did that for about a year with no problems.

Now, when I tore the engine apart after I took it out things were a little on the gunky side. But if you're going to keep your motor all you have to do is run mineral spirits through the motor until it warms up, drain and do it again. Then refill with whatever oil you're going to use from then on.

Glad to see u got a honda. Now do u plan on doing any major upgrades to ur car like going turbo/swappin the motor/ or are u just gonna stick with the motor u got and build n/a?

Make sure you absolutely need pistons/rings before you go buying parts. Perform a leakdown and compression test to get the best idea of what needs to be repaired before you tear it all down. If you do need pistons/rings though, I would recommend you get DOHC ZC (P29 or PM7) pistons with new OEM rings. That will put your compression right up at 12:1, and be good for a decent bump in power. You'll have to get it tuned, of course.

Back