D16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by djextremity@Jan 7 2003, 03:24 PM
Hexen, don't forget fuel. Injectors, maybe a new rail, fuel pump, and management will run him another $1000 at least.

Oh yea.
I didn't even go into fuel.

Plus a new radiator, Intake Manifold, TB and a rebuild with better gaskets.

Hondata if he chooses.

What else did I miss? I'm sure there is pleanty.

Originally posted by 88civicHBz6@Jan 7 2003, 03:27 PM

the tran is rebuilt by a local company with lsd to hold power. the engine block was honed (sp) .

That makes it very. Very. VERY. not stock :)

Then if he dynoed at 500hp, he would be lucky to go down mainstreet without killing someone. You said you want 11's and daily driver out of d16z6. It is never going to happen. A b18b can be "kinda" (brian is doing it and zueke is trying to start) steetable because to get 11's out of it, your not pushing everything to the max, with a d16z6, your going to be braking shit like crazy, tuned or not because the engine is not designed to be a performance engine. Dseries engines are econimicly freindly engines and the d16z6 just has VTEC for that extra little punch. To get 11's out of a d16z6, you pushing that thing to its breaking point and will not go any further.

i checked it the link works. I think Geo citys is just haveing some issues. what is the big difference in d an B series blocks?

For starters, the b's are alot tougher block, there are 643535345 billion companys making shit for them, (have a fun time finding alot of performance d stuff), there are two cams, more displacment. I can go on....

The D16 has a cast iron block. That is very strong, arent B16s Alluminum blocks? oh yeah and the B16 and D16 have the same displacment am i right? 1.6lt?

yes they have the same displacements but look at what they came in, the d's, low level civics and the b's, the higher up integras and other performance honda's (99-00 si's, type R's siR's, GSR's ect.) The reason why i said displacement is because the best engine that is more than a trailorqueen for a civic is the b18b, no VTEC, (click on the link in Pissedoffsol's sig for one of the best thread about vtec vs nonvtec for boost, and they are taking about a 11's daily driver LSturbo)

Yeah the LS is a nice motor. I see them in junk yards all the time. only Auto trannys though.yeah Vtec was made to replace a turbo. That was its original purpose. i dont have the money to convert my hole car to b series. i know some say its cheaper but i will hopfully beable to take my time on this. Bragging righes are great on SOHC :D well thx guys

yell the ls came in a stick, it is just a matter of how hard you search junkyards. True with enough money, anthing is possible but keep in mind you just said you dont have the money to put a b series in your car right now, to get 11's out of a dseris, expect to pay 10-20k easily. A b18b can be found for less than 1500 if you look and then when you do that, you will have more trq than the d16z6 with alot of mods. I am not saying not to do this but you just cant have streetable and 11's out of a dseries. It sounds to me like you need to do a little more reaseach before you counqure something this big.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 7 2003, 10:24 PM
yell the ls came in a stick, it is just a matter of how hard you search junkyards. True with enough money, anthing is possible but keep in mind you just said you dont have the money to put a b series in your car right now, to get 11's out of a dseris, expect to pay 10-20k easily. A b18b can be found for less than 1500 if you look and then when you do that, you will have more trq than the d16z6 with alot of mods. I am not saying not to do this but you just cant have streetable and 11's out of a dseries. It sounds to me like you need to do a little more reaseach before you counqure something this big.

I agree totally and that is what I was trying to get at earliar.

$1500 for a swap will be cheaper than trying to find parts for a D series which will run the same.

Blow up your z6 because it's to weak and you're out a motor.

That car did not dyno at 500hp. His site says, and I quote:
Tested setup with street setup, full exhaust/catalytic convertor, 14 psi, 92 octane gas. Results: 300 hp, 250 ft. lbs.at the flywheel.246 hp, 211 ft. lbs.to the wheels.I will have my race setup tested soon. With my exhaust off (+40-45hp) , 118 octane (+20-35hp) and 20 psi (+60hp) I will be making at least 380-400hp to the wheels or 475-500hp at the flywheel!

He claims he has dyno sheets for 300 hp but he doesn't have them posted. He claims that he is running this power through a stock tranny. No way. I wonder what the price tag on that car was because I can garauntee that it would have cost him less to get those same power numbers from an LS engine. On top of that those street numbers are not that impressive. The guy that built Calesta's engine is running that much power from an NA B20VTEC in a street car.

well an exausht is really restricting to a turbo. oh yeah and want to know a secret? When i said i got a good deal on the D16Z6 i wasnt kidding. dont say anything I got the engine and tranny and everything already in a 88 CRX HF. just not wired right. I payed $150 for it all. what do you guys think?

Originally posted by JBHonda@Jan 7 2003, 11:10 PM
well an exausht is really restricting to a turbo. oh yeah and want to know a secret? When i said i got a good deal on the D16Z6 i wasnt kidding. dont say anything I got the engine and tranny and everything already in a 88 CRX HF. just not wired right. I payed $150 for it all. what do you guys think?

If you got it so cheap why are you complaining about doing a swap?

It's not like the z6 costed you a ton and you're going to lose any money on the deal.

that guy does have a pretty sick setup on a SOHC engine he probly has at least $20,000 in that setup...
but he has no dyno plots posted he has no 1/4 mile stats posted (other than a 14.5 and a 13.5)...
the HP numbers he is giving he is compleatly pulling out of his ass...

if you want to spend $20,000 on a D series engine feel free i (and im sure everyone else) am done trying to convince you its a waste.... so go blow 20k out your ass and dont bother crying to us when a B/H series with 1/2 as much money invested makes you look like a GEO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back