D16Z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

What internals will I need to beef up to have the engine take the pounding of 200whp?

It's nice to have you here, but do you think you can condense all your questions into one thread? These short little threads are going rampant.

Bleh, I'll wait till I have a list of questions before posting from now on ^_^.

So it is kosher for D16z6 internals to pump 200hp as a daily driver?

everything depends. With Rods and bolts, I think you'd be more than safe for 200. You can do it with none, but usually you'll end up with a hole in the block after some heavy use.

There a guy around here who was running a all motor D16Y8, that made a little over 180hp to the wheels, and was daily driving it on 91 octane. I am not sure what he had in terms of internals, but I am sure 200WHP on an SOHC motor is obtainable.
In fact I bet you could do it with D series pistons, as there are some crazy D series pistons out there like the GX and D16A9 pistons.

If you're going to try and shoot for 200whp all motor, you'd better be using lighter/stronger forged pistons and rods. OEM cast pistons won't give you enough compression to make 200whp, and the slugs are heavy too. The easy way to 200whp on the D is to turbo it- if you're going to try and do it all motor on pump gas, you're going to be in for a lot of fun (headache). :p

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Nov 29 2004, 02:55 PM
Oh, I meant to say 200whp with a turbo.
[post=423659]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah dude you will be fine. I have been running 215whp (10psi) for a little over 9 months, and I have ran 230whp (12psi) for a few times when racing.

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Nov 29 2004, 01:55 PM

I know- I was replying to Maasey about his 200whp all motor D16 setup. For 200whp with boost, you can pretty much leave the engine completely stock. Just make sure you have enough fuel and that you're tuned well.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass+Nov 29 2004, 02:59 PM-->
YangpaNemsay
@Nov 29 2004, 02:55 PM

Yeah dude you will be fine. I have been running 215whp (10psi) for a little over 9 months, and I have ran 230whp (12psi) for a few times when racing.
[post=423661]Quoted post[/post]​

o man u can run that high of boost on stock internls with the d16z6

boost doesn't break parts
power does

whether it take 2 psi or 40 psi
if the end result is 200 hp, its still putting the same amount of stress on the motor.

Back