1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D16z6

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by tehferret, Feb 11, 2003.

1. tehferret

tehferret Junior Member

What is the best way to build a d16z6 for turbo. I have a 91 civic sedan and i plan to add a turbo once the engine is built. And what turbo would go good wiht this engine. I plan to have this as a daily driver and a weekend warrior. Thx for any imput. Late!!

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

how big do you want to go? whats your budget? how many extra trany's do you have? :lol:

3. tehferret

tehferret Junior Member

well i want to know the best way to build a d16 to add turbo. i need it to reliable becuase it will be a daily driver. Lets say the budget is 5k. Thx for any input! late :beer:

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

the D series tranny doesnt take abuse well... pissedoffsol is on his 2nd in need of a third, mine is shot but i dragged it out till i could get another car... several other people are in similar situations with their D series trannys.... they just dont last .... now if you add the stress from a turbo, expect to be changing your tranny every other oil change

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted