D16zc Transmission HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KrPa

I have the oppurtunity to buy a lsd transmission from a dohc zc and I need to know if it will work with a sohc vtec zc. Also, would the ratio be the same as an si transmission, because I like the short gears. Thanks.

Yes, but will need the intermediate shaft too or change the driver's side inner joint.

DOHC ZC have shorter ratios than the Si minus the FD. I actually ran a DOHC ZC transmission and Si final drive on my D15B VTEC(no holes for the the intermediate shaft) and that thing was pretty close to a B16 transmission(my cruise RPM at 70mph was around 4000rpm)

Last edited:
Is this a worthwhile spend. The person selling it to me is selling for $300, how much would it cost to change the intermediate shaft or driver's side inner joint?

I'm not sure how much DOHC ZC transmissions are running right now, but Hmotorsonline was charging $200 for a non-LSD DOHC ZC transmission.
Sourcing a intermediate shaft is a little difficult(it's possible to modify the Civic 4wd one to fit IIRC); but if he has it; it's not hard at all to install. The holes are already there and you just have to tap them.

I've seen the shafts sell anywhere from $50 to $150. As for the joint, it's basically an inner joint from a 90-93 Integra; I can't say how much it'll cost because most people usually just do it themselves.

Hush22 performance has been working on a adapter kit to install DOHC ZC intermediate shaft on blocks that do not have the holes(mainly D15s and 96-00 D16s); it may be possible to build something similar or see if they offer a kit that would work with a D16A1 or Civic 4WD intermediate shaft.

Last edited:
Back