1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d17 conversion

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by b16acrx213, Jan 10, 2007.

1. b16acrx213

b16acrx213 New Member

I was just wondering if anybody can help me to figure out if i can convert an obd2 d17 vtech to obd1 or obdo. I have taken the coil packs off and the d series distributer fits in the prongs but that is as far as i got.

2. herminshs

herminshs Junior Member

I think that you also need OBD1 alternator and fuel injectors, plus a p28 computer.

3. b16acrx213

b16acrx213 New Member

thanks

Well thanks. I have only gotten one reply on the post and the guy told me i was crazy and that i was full of it for even thinking but i know that there is a way to do it. Nothing is impossible

B16acrx213

4. killercannible

killercannible Senior Member

Why would you want to do that in the first place? Those motors have less performance capabilities than y8s and z6s. Not to mention they have no distributor,(Coil on plug) and are therefore incapable of being run by an obd1 or obd0 ecu.

5. b16acrx213

b16acrx213 New Member

Well i will just see if it works and if it doesn't well at least i tried something original and learned something out of the deal too.

B16acrx213

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted