D17A Non Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dxcoupe04

I have the time and money. Looking for parts, internals for building up for turbo, looking for throttle body intake maniflod. They make almost everthing for the non vtech 1.6 there has to be parts out there for me. Also looking for info on what exactly is needed for adding vtech, I know the head ECU and exhaust have to be changed. But are the manifold and throttle body interchangeable. They make a turbo kit and computer. But I want to build this right from inside out. ALL ENGINE, and SUSPENSION, SLEEPER.:cool:

what your car and year first off

Clearly it's an 01-05 Civic DX or LX. What other car would have a non-VTEC 1.7 liter D-series motor?

As far as your actual question goes, there really isn't a whole lot out there for building the D17 motors. They're different than the older D16s. They have wireless ignition systems and a bunch of other strange crap that makes them not really the best choices for tuning. I've actually seen quite a few turbo'd lately, but as far as internals go, good luck finding them.

If you want to do a serious motor build for an 01-05 chassis Civic I would look towards a K20/K24 swap.

Last edited:
well if yuo would have read it then you would have seen that it said none vtec 1.6

well if yuo would have read it then you would have seen that it said none vtec 1.6

You're an idiot.

Re-read it again, you're the one who has it screwed up. The title of his post is "D17A Non Vtec." Yes, he did mention the 1.6 non-vtec, but he wasn't saying that's what motor he has. He was saying that if they make internals for that motor than somebody must make internals for the 1.7 non-vtec D-series motor.

Next time double check yourself before you open your mouth tard...

Not worried about V-tech having a hard time finding forged internals. I have only found pistons. They can't make one and not the other. Everything goes hand in hand.

You can usually get custom length rods for pretty cheap- but I'm sure someone makes a forged rod for the D17 if forged pistons exist.

Back