DA front end on an EF?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kasper

I've always been a fan of the Civegra look, especially on the 5th gen Civics with the 98+ integra front ends. I was wondering if it is possible to do a swap with the DA front end on my 4th gen hatch. Not expecting it to bolt right up but I've never seen it done, so I was wondering if it's too difficult to be worth it. I'm going to be doing a B18C1 swap in the next few months, and the front end conversion would be great to do at the same time. I did a quick search, and came up with nothing...Any help?

I've seen it done when I was in some small town; it was on a 4-door 88-91 Civic. Other than that, I don't know how they did it, but I'm pretty sure fab work was involved.

To add to the reasoning behind the conversion, I want to do the one-piece headlights. So that's another question. Do the one-piece headlight swap right in on the DA, or is there any modifications? I'm trying to search for all this stuff, but I'm not having much luck.

please post pics when you start this for some reason im interested to see this?

it would be difficult....

the integra front is a little wider and lower. as far as headlights they are really easy and will be the least of your worries. other than that i dont know what to tell you but spend some more time searching, i know its been done.

The engine swap is my #1 priority. Just wanted to see if someone had some good info for me. Money will be tight for the swap, and I was just going to find someone with a DA that I could take some measurements from to start off with. I know I can piece together a bunch of parts, it's just a matter of the money being there. Two big projects at once is a lot to take on, so we'll just see how this goes. The engine for the swap should be in my possession next month, so I'll be on here more often for helpful info with that. I'll keep this updated as I find out any new info...Thanks!

How do you figure it would be wasting them? If it's even a possibility, I garauntee I would make it look better on my EF than most people that own Integras could make it look.

How do you figure it would be wasting them? If it's even a possibility, I garauntee I would make it look better on my EF than most people that own Integras could make it look.

I too think it would look bad and be a waste of time, but it's your car, so do what you want with it...

If it doesn't appear to fit cleanly, I'm not going to waste the time/money to do it. I love the way the Ef's look, I'm just trying to add in a little something I've always liked. That's why I'm here looking for info about it. I don't have a lot of free time to work on this project due to work and school, but as soon as I get some time, I'll be photoshopping some stuff and getting more specs on the fit up. Thanks for the comments though. Obviously not everyone will like the look :)

dont even try and waste your time bolting up fenders and stuff to your car. just do a whole front clip than you wont even have to buy mounts or anything for your swap. just get a whole acura front clip they unbolt from the body i believe im not to sure, they might be welded on but thats the whole reason they sell front clips. and yes it can be done i saw a complete ef turned into a integra front to back but it still had the shape of a ef. i have to say it was diffrent and lots of money im sure. but if buy a whole front clip its only like 3600 or something like that wite the motor so it would make more sense to do that versus buying a the swap than tryin to make fenders and bumpers and hood and shit fit.

Thanks for the tip senate... I'll look into that route for sure. I know I was going to run into problems with things like inner fender liners and stuff, so this is definately an "easier" way to go(as far as having everything all in one piece, not piecing it together). I'm actually going to school for collision repair right now, and this EF is going to be my own personal project car. The B18c1 practically fell into my lap for free, so that just became the priority. I'll probably be putting the front end conversion on hold and just start looking for a decent DA with a bad motor or something with rear end damage. I'll be posting pics up when this all starts. The motor should be here in November...

Thanks for the tip senate... I'll look into that route for sure. I know I was going to run into problems with things like inner fender liners and stuff, so this is definately an "easier" way to go(as far as having everything all in one piece, not piecing it together). I'm actually going to school for collision repair right now, and this EF is going to be my own personal project car. The B18c1 practically fell into my lap for free, so that just became the priority. I'll probably be putting the front end conversion on hold and just start looking for a decent DA with a bad motor or something with rear end damage. I'll be posting pics up when this all starts. The motor should be here in November...
no problem ;)

those body lines, line up amazingly awesome i think that looks good as hell. :mellow:

Wow, what a coincidence! Funny because my Civic is red too. I'm glad I got to see it with out it being a photoshop. Really does put it in perspective that it does sit a little different. I like it because it's just a subtle difference that not everyone would catch right away...

I still don't love it, but it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. That car is strange though. Why would they do the front end conversion and absolutely nothing else? Stock engine, stock suspension, stock wheels...weird...

I agree it doesn't look right on a hatchback. The one I saw was on a sedan though; looked much cleaner I guess; I honestly thought it was a Integra sedan at first.

I'm starting to find alot more online now. I've been doing serches for Civegra, and it seems most people prefer the term civtegra. Ehh... Some look bad-ass, and some just look like ass. I'm on the fence on this one now.

Seeing that car gave me a chill, like seeing a gone-wrong genetic mutation. Maybe its cause i own a DA, a rounder lower front and a square high rear, naaa.

Back