DA front lca

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EFDX

iv'e searched high and low for a proper answer to whether you can use the whole front suspension, upper controll arms, knuckles and lower controll arm from a DA on an EF. can anyone elaborate on "yes" or "no" which are the only responses iv'e found, i can see maybe the sway bar not fitting, or the A-arm

i have the knuckles, front brakes, upper and lower lca's, struts, rear trailing arms and rear lower lca's, rear struts, and rear disc brakes on my ef sedan. all bolted up no problem. didnt even try to put the front sway bar on. about to put the rear sway bar on. everything bolts up....:)

have you driven it yet with the DA front suspension? any adverse affects? does it give the car a wider stance? do the tires interfear with the fenders?

have you driven it yet with the DA front suspension? any adverse affects? does it give the car a wider stance? do the tires interfear with the fenders?
:D
been driving on it for almost a year now. could use a camber kit for the front. the stance has been widened but not by much. if you do an alignment afterwards no negative effects. the tires do not interfere with the fenders, i corner like im on rails, in a sedan!! i recommend doing it.

Efdx

with the teg front suspension and a B18a in an EF does that mean you dont have to remove the dust seals from the axles and knuckles like the swap write ups say? did you use the A-arms (the ones that attatch to the lca's and go to the front cross member) from the integra or civic or are they the same? i don't want to spend the money to referb the parts whithout being 100% confident is all

no you dont have to. the write ups tell you to remove them if using civic knuckles. i left everything on. use the da a-arms. the civic ones wont match up on the lower lca's. only one bolt will fit.

i'm suprised there is not more info on this or more people using this setup, i appretiate the info tho, thanks

:D
been driving on it for almost a year now. could use a camber kit for the front. the stance has been widened but not by much. if you do an alignment afterwards no negative effects. the tires do not interfere with the fenders, i corner like im on rails, in a sedan!! i recommend doing it.
i have the same setup but have not driven it yet, im still working on the b18 swap on my CRX; i also have 17'' wheels, is this going to require a camber kit or just a wheel alignment?

depends on if you lowered it. its gonna need an alignment for sure. anytime you remove upper or lower lca's or knuckle with the strut you change the front end geometry. if you lowered it then the camber has been changed. the size of the rim and tire is not going to change the alignment, just how the car feels while driving and turning.

I had issues with the rear on my 90 4dr. I had to go back to the civ lca's because they were straight unlike the tegs' that had a curve to them about a 3rd from the hub.
And the rear swaybar wouldn't work either when the teg arms were on.
I wonder if it needs to be from a 2-door teg instead of a 4dr..?

I used da front rotors/calipers/cut springs on da struts on mine and EX knuckles with no problems there.

E

taken from EF Hybrid Suspension
Rear suspension

Rear LCA:

If you have an 88, your car has the "box in" type lower control arms. These aren't bad by any means, they are even lighter than any of the solid cast LCA's that all of the rest of civic/integra family uses. But it may be tough to find good aftermarket shocks that fit inside them. Or maybe you just want to use some readily available shocks or shocks you got a good deal on. If you plan to use shocks for an 89-91 civic/crx then you need to swap out the LCA's.

You can obviously use 89-91 LCA's. But it should be noted that some models didn't come with a sway bar and so they don't have the threaded holes for the sway endlinks. So try and get some with the threaded holes. If you don't, you will regret it later.

You can also use EG rear LCA's. They are the exact same length and all I've seen have had the holes for the sway bar links.

You can use DC and DA LCA's. But they are a 1/16" longer so you will end up with more negative camber in the rear. If you use these it would be wise to then switch to integra UCA's. Then at least your camber will stay the same.

Back