1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DA OBD 0 swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by DAHATCH, Dec 4, 2006.

1. DAHATCH

DAHATCH New Member

I have a 90 DA integra, the car has 200k miles down and the engine is not the greatest anymore. I was thinking about swaping in a b20 but i dont want that anymore.

at first i wanted to just buy a long block and a trans seperately, now that i know a little more im confused even more. I know that i have a cable trans and that its OBD 0 and most engines are OBS 1 or 2

what is a good swap for my car. and i would be willing to convert from cable trans to hydro if its worth it.

im not looking to make tons of power but some to have some fun and i want to build the car for auto-x so a lsd trans would help

I also dont have tons of money to put into this car

2. tartymctang2357

tartymctang2357 Grand High Wizard

http://hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30001

its a common swap into integras, its already obd0 and a cable trans, should bolt right up and then all you gotta do is a little wiring for the vtec to work, but just to let you know its a heavily disputed point of which is better between a b18a/b or a b16a because the b16 lacks torque and the b18 lacks hp but the short geared trans should be good for auto-x, you could also upgrade things on it easily such as cams or just the general i/h/e

3. DAHATCH

DAHATCH New Member

how is the 5th gear ratio with the b16a for the hwy. i dont want to be reving at 4k rpms going like 75mph

4. tartymctang2357

tartymctang2357 Grand High Wizard

yea you would end up doing that, you'd probably be able to sell that trans to someone on here hopefully and get money for a gsr transmission, or even sell it on ebay, gsr transmission is your best bet to solve that problem, or if you don't have your heart set on a LSD you could throw that money toward swapping out the final drive on the b16

5. DAHATCH

DAHATCH New Member

i need a LSD since im building the car for auto-x. but for the gsr tranny i would have to convert to a hydro. how much work is that? and are there any kits availible for it or could someone tell me what all i would need, a DIY would help aswell.

thx
    -Erik

6. typej

typej Junior Member

http://www.hasport.com has a cable to hydro conversion kit, as well as instructions on how to install it. They have a boat load of information about what would be necessary for the swaps, like what's compatible and what's not.
    Also, for axles, I'd check out http://www.raxles.com since they make just as good axles at a lesser price.

7. DAHATCH

DAHATCH New Member

whats another way other than buying the kit, i dont want to spend 300 on a kit. could i find someone that has a dc integra and just get the parts from it? and what parts does it take?

8. ef8

ef8 Junior Member

You can get a b20 and not worry about the obd1 or obd2 part.Just use the parts off your LS and change it to obd0.As for the gsr tranny you can find a cable gsr from a 92-93 da gsr,no lsd though.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted