1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DA rear disc swap on an EG....?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by hosmer, Sep 4, 2005.

1. hosmer

hosmer I made the millionth post VIP

as in bolt on...

my gut says no, but I just read about a Del Sol w/DA rear trailing arms

2. motorcityiron

motorcityiron Junior Member

Yes I just completed one but I also used a larger booster and master cylinder combination for more fluid pressure, as the rear disks are much larger. But I swapped the whole rear suspension and parking brake cables. I was told that a four-lug conversion could be done with some milling and a different set of rotors.

3. doug810

doug810 Junior Member

What exactly is needed to use the rear disk from a DA into an EG. Like which proportioning valve, master cylinder, brake lines, and parking brake lines would each part come out of each car? Would the EG suspension bolt up to the DA rear trailing arm?

4. hosmer

hosmer I made the millionth post VIP

4 lug conversion...?

all DA's are 4 lug (90-93 Integra)

I just want to know if anyone has/knows if the trailing arms will bolt up.

I know DC's bolt in, and to answer Doug810's question any drum to disc swap in an EG you need the trailing arms and ebrake cables to start with. Its a good idea to get a 40/40 proportioning valve (non-ABS DC's, its stamped on the valve) to distribute the fluid correctly. Some people also change the master cylinder and brake booster, but thats not totally nessecary. Most people also change the rear lower control arms , but again, thats not totally nessecary...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted