Daily Driver Idea

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brc80

Well i was wel on my way to buying an Evo but things have changed, and the wife and i may be getting into a house instead. Be that as it may I still need to get a new car, because my truck is a lease and do back in the next few months. I have the chance to pick up a clean 2000 Gsr with 35k miles and a jackson racing super charger kit running i belive 6psi ( What ever is carb legal out in Ca). So im just looking for opinons on if you think this will make a good daily driver. I know most everyone here is a turbo person but for a daily driver this may not be such a bad deal.

Discuss

Quoted post[/post]]
buy my sti :)

fmu's are gay (yes, thats what comes on the jacksons)

Even after all its been through i think im still going to get a better deal on the Gsr :mrgreen:

And yes i know Fmu's are gay but running the stock boost, with no plans to go higher and keeping this as a daily driver, will the fmu be fine?

bah, it was just cosmetic... its not like the frame was straightened or anything...

in dash dvd... hell, you can have my snow tires too :p

but... but... you get rotas :p everyone's favorite wheels.

800 miles on em tops. lol

plus the dunlop m3's are M+S rated.... so you can use them as rally tires :p

And yes i know Fmu's are gay but running the stock boost, with no plans to go higher and keeping this as a daily driver, will the fmu be fine?
bahahahah
rightttttt...

famous last words...

JRSC would be a good daily if you've got the funds if shit breaks... cause it will eventually break...
if you're talking strictly daily i would look for something NA and good on gas

and congrats on making the smart move to get a house, fuck an expensive car, you're gonna need every penny you have and more for the house...

JRSC would be a good daily if you've got the funds if shit breaks... cause it will eventually break...
if you're talking strictly daily i would look for something NA and good on gas

werd...if the GSR is cheap enough, I'd buy it, sell the charger, and stick regular intake mani on it. You'd get some of your $$ back (probably sell it for $1k) and you'd have a nice dependable DD

well, i was not specifically saying that the JRSC are no dependable, but any modified car tends to be lacking in the dependability department...
added stress on the motor, axles, brakes etc etc etc
plus if you're running an FMU you're even worse off...
if you want to get and use it as a daily at least get a tune so your FMU isn't destroying your mileage, and your motor doesn't run the chance of going lean...

but in general, i have heard MANY horror stories regarding JRSC...
the motor will more than likely outlast the JRSC unit by 3 or 4 times...

I have heard much fewer horry stories about jacksons than i have about turbo setups... JRSC's can be very reliable, and are designed for that... They aren't designed to be powerhouses....

i have specifically heard about JRSC unit failure, catastrophic failure at that, as well as horrible service and support after the catastrophic failure

i believe most will agree that a JRSC equipped GSR should not be considered as a daily driver unless you have the bank to replace the motor, trans, axles, or the JRSC unit itself at any given time...

more than likely you will be pulling funds (loan) to get this car, which does not qualify you as a high roller with the funds to spare to fix anything that may arise in the future...

if you;re looking to get a house then make the wisest decision you can...
i do not consider purchasing this car as a DD to be a wise decision in your situation...

I have heard much fewer horry stories about jacksons than i have about turbo setups... JRSC's can be very reliable, and are designed for that... They aren't designed to be powerhouses....
but when considering a DD, does it matter if its FEWER horror stories vs a turbo gsr??
horror stories are just that...

Well i will be buying the car cash, but i think i need to do some more research.

Back