Daily driver?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seriously write down on paper your total costs if you were to buy the civic, compared to buying an older beater car thats actually payed off. You obviously care about how much money you spend, so it would be wiser to get a cheaper car. Now if you say that you don't care about the cost of the auto civic, then this thread should be closed because it contradicts itself. You won't "save" any money if you have some kind of extra car payment+insurance+ gas. Trust me thats awhole lot more than 40 dollars a week. Think it through.

I have thought it through and the only reason I don't have the car yet is because of the expense of buying the car itself. Throwing this on my insurance as my daily driver would give me a multi car discount along with it being an less powerful slightly older car as my main car. Insurance would be cheaper, gas would be 20cents/gallon cheaper per fill up and I'd probably fill up half as much as I do now (saturday i put in 11 gallons, now I'm just under half a tank in 3 days)

I always have my eyes peeled out but nothing seems to be under 4000 in the city for anything 95+.

Adding 50 bucks more a month won't hurt me as I just got that much back from cancelling my cell phone account.

Originally posted by revolution8k@May 11 2004, 09:10 PM
Jeffie. you queer biting monkey fucker.

How would I not save any money by paying 20 cents less per gallon filling up 2 times a week? Are you a mite retarded?

You really are a dumb ass

ok lets factor in the cost of the car and then the extra insurance

sure you will save 50-60C "if that"everytime you fill your tank up but then you have a 2nd car to worry about paying for as with the upkeep chances are you will have to replace something on a 8-10year old car Shit I put over $1000 into my Audi the first week of owning it and that car was very clean to start with! the little shit adds up fast

now if you drop this whole "I want to save a few pennies everytime I fill my car up" shit and say you want a 2nd car so you can mod the hell out of your 1st one then go for it but if it's for saving money YOU ARE NOT SAVING ANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you're really worried about saving money on gas/car keep your eyes open for a nice beater I see them all the time 100-120K miles on them cars like 88Accord or Civic maybe an old Chevy shit my friend paid 200 bucks for his old car and it ran and ran and ran

but when you talk about buying a car from a dealership it just makes you look very stupid when you say well Im buying it so I can save money on gas.....

p.s if you fill your tank up twice a week and save 75c everytime you fill up you will save a whole $72 a year on gas HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!! thats about what you will pay for insurance in 1-2 months!!!!!!!

p.s.s I said 75c everytime you fill up becuase thats about what it would cost here going from 93-87 so you said 20c a gallon lets figure in a 10gallon tank so you would save $192 a year so that would be like 3-4 months worth of insurance at less then 50 dollars a month "if you can get it that cheap"

asshat

lol

werd jeffie :thumbsup:

ur gonna spend 5k on the car...thats 5k that could have gone into your civic

if you want a beater get a 90 corolla for 800 bucks

sure you will save 50-60C "if that"everytime you fill your tank up but then you have a 2nd car to worry about paying for as with the upkeep chances are you will have to replace something on a 8-10year old car Shit I put over $1000 into my Audi the first week of owning it and that car was very clean to start with! the little shit adds up fast

You completely contradicted yourself sine the car I am looking at is 5 years old, and the cars you're saying to buy are the 800 dollar shit boxes that will cost me more on repairs than I paid for the car.

Did I say I was buying this car? NO. the whole point of the fucking thread was to ask opinions on whether or not a car like this would be worth it, meanwhile giving you over priced examples of what I am looking for.

Insurance for a fucking 107 hp 4 door 5 year old car would be VERY MUCH CHEAPER than the top of the line Civic of the 6th gen year. I put the LX as my daily/main driver and drop some coverage off the Si, I won't need full on coverage with an LX, so I'd drop some coverage that way too, so again....that would definitely save me some fucking money.

Onward to the gas debates... I fill up with 10 gallons twice a week as much as I drive with the Si.

20 gallons at (lets underrate this shit here...) $2.00/gallon*52=
40*52= $2080 a year for gas.

Now lets see what I'd be spending on gas with an LX:

10 gallons at 1.80 a gallon ONCE per week*52
18*52=$936
$1144 a year savings on gas minus when I'm out fucking around in the Si. Exactly where did you get $194, dickwad?

Hell, 20 gallons a week at 1.80/gallon once per week*52
36*52=$1872
Still a savings of $208. 200 a year isn't much, but it's still 200 a year staying inside my pocket.

Now fuck off.

I got the opinions, can someone close this already? I'm tired of this fagget coming into my thread to try to own me and not give me a damn minute of help. I got my help and I'm done listening to homosexuals.

go to crx.honda-perf.org there is a 1000 CRX DX 5 Speed in there. Its clean, has a few dents and scratches and has about 160 new clutch, TB, WP... etc... go look at it its in Columbia, Mo...

i have a 86 accord with no rust as my beater... it gets worse gas then my hatch but it still looks good.

does not matter if your car is 20 years old or 1 year old when it comes to liability a 20 year old car can do just as much damage to another car as a brand new car the only cheaper part is you do not need to have comp or collision thats where the high cost of insruance comes in but either way you still need to pay them enough to cover the basic liability of the car and in some cases thats not all that cheap even if it's a 2nd car

If I remember right they wanted 60 dollars a month to insure me for a 2nd weekend car "1986 toyota pickup 4cly" that is with JUST liability! as they told me you hit someone doing 55mph in that truck it will do just as much damage "if not more" as your 350Z at 55mph

as far as spending 200-500 bucks on a beater car if you know what you're buying you can get a nice daily driver just make sure it has tires and does not knock sure it might look like shit and smell weird but who cares

Im looking for a 2nd car before winter hits not to save gas but so I can keep my 350Z in the garage all winter so far top of my list is an older jeep earily 90s if not late 80s my check list is a top with out to many holes and a engine that still runs
I could care less if it looks like total ass shit I can spray paint the thing the idea is a CHEAP car that will let me drive thru snow 4WD/AWD rules =)

just find a 92-95 civic for 1500-2500 bucks and leave it fully stock

or better yet if you can get the chance to hit up the local auctions you can run into some great cheap cars they might not have a clean title but who gives a fuck

my uncle buys and resales cars/tractors he bought a 1999 Dodge Ram for $8000 bucks back in 2001 fully loaded truck! he told me about a 300ZX "newer style" that went for 1800 bucks that ran and looked great

Don't be in a hurry to buy a 2nd car and wait till something comes along then jump on it

shit my friend traded 200 dollars worth of roofing work for a early 90s Ford Taurus with under 50K miles on it

just keep your eyes/ears open and ask everyone if they know of anything something will fall into place just DO NOT BUY FROM A DEALER that is if you don't want to spend a lot of money

or better yet if you can get the chance to hit up the local auctions you can run into some great cheap cars they might not have a clean title but who gives a fuck

Shit... i forgot about IAA...a customer of my dads. I could get a decent car pretty cheap. but that means I'd have to save up for it, unless I can get it for under 200 and pay with a credit card. :p

Originally posted by revolution8k@May 14 2004, 12:32 AM

Shit... i forgot about IAA...a customer of my dads. I could get a decent car pretty cheap. but that means I'd have to save up for it, unless I can get it for under 200 and pay with a credit card. :p

dude I get 2-3 things in the mail a week for my credits cards blank checks with a 0% APR I can write them out to myself or anyone for up to the limit on my creditcard

most of my cards are 8K+ 0% loan and OWNING the car so you wont have to have full coverage is a very nice thing =)

Yeah but right now I don't want another bill coming to my apartment in terms of another credit card payment. This 2nd car is still a long ways off, but I definitely want one. I dunno. I'm tired. been up since 7:30 this morning (it's 12:15 now...bah)

need sleepy

Here's a great beater sedan for someone... it's located just outside of Boston, posted this afternoon on Craiglist:

'92 Honda Civic Dx/4 dr, burg, 232,000 miles, stick - $400

A dependable car, great for work commute. Inspected through 1/05. Drivers side airbag and A/C. New battery and alternator. Low price because of moving & Must sell by 6/11 YET CAR IS NEEDED UNTIL 6-11, willing to negotiate.

Needs new head light switch, inside door handle broken, engine heats up when A/C runs on very hot days, no stereo or back speakers, minor rust and scratches.

I have enough beater cars... and I'm not a fan of sedans....

Back