Daily driving+Lots of N/A HP=??????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know how much is 2much for a N/A 4cy? Ive heard daily drivin N/A engines with 2much HP can blow ur engine in no time

There's a limit on streetable horsepower as far as beuing drivable, but it depends on the driver more than the HP numbers. Your machine shop is teh dumbass.

I got a buddy with a 12:1 2.0L GSR that he drives every day. Runs 12.9's all motor. And it's not even all that extreme. 215ish at the wheels. Revs it to 9500 rpm. PERFECTLY streetable, 28-30 mpg around town.

its streetable if yo uknow how to drive it..... i think what the shop is saying is if you use stupid big cams and a really high cr, your idle and low speed is gonna be a pain in the ass to work with.

I would floor it at every light, I had a hard time keeping the first civics tires from breaking loose, but I did it on purpose. If I was really trying I could probably keep it "safe and sane".

FWIW, like seany said as long as it does have really aggresive cams you should be ok.

Well that’s more less the answer I was looking for, I only ask b/c I never met a person who drove a 1000 HP car every day 2 and from work or whatever. That’s why people buy trailers. But I guess it really does depend on how u drive it b/c any car regardless of it HP, will F*** up if U floor it at every light and redline it constantly........so basically Godly HP+Good Driver=long lasting asphalt destroyer but a bad Godly HP+Dumb Ass Driver= Buying a new engine every week........... :ranting2:

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd+Sep 13 2004, 04:28 PM-->
I seriously am LAUGHING OUT LOUD AT THAT!!!
[post=389882]Quoted post[/post]​

Um... :lmao: :bo:

SiR Kid
@Sep 14 2004, 01:02 AM
I got a buddy with a 12:1 2.0L GSR that he drives every day. Runs 12.9's all motor. And it's not even all that extreme. 215ish at the wheels. Revs it to 9500 rpm. PERFECTLY streetable, 28-30 mpg around town.
[post=390064]Quoted post[/post]​

I call bullshit. I don't think that's right...those numbers in a gsr? GSR's are fooking sleds... :shrug2:

Congrats to Brian (Kapu2) on finally getting out of the 13's. He ran a 12.98 @ 104. The key might have been the 1.77 sec. 60' time . While not earth-shattering in the RWD community, we're proud of it for a FWD.

That was Brian's qualifying time, which netted him the 2nd spot. Norris Prayontoo brought a 98 H/B with a K20 and he qualified 1st.

Brian won in the first round while having a problem shifting into 4th. He ran a low 13 vs. a high 13 in the other car.

It turns out that the problem he had was actually a broken exhaust cam. It shattered into about 4 pieces. Needless to say he didn't run against Norris, who ran a 12.4 @ 111 in his bye run.

None-the-less Brian was happy with his new personal best and he did get 2nd place money along with (hopefully) some contingency money from about 4 or 5 companies.

I'll post some pictures of the event a little later.

honestly, thats not even fast nor appraches the limit for a streetable car. Tbone has a 2.1 all motor gsr/itr and went 11.77 @ 126 i think was the trap and makes just over 240/165 to the wheels

there's a lot more to going fast than hp numbers.

Originally posted by elcangripapiex@Sep 14 2004, 02:07 PM
Well that’s more less the answer I was looking for, I only ask b/c I never met a person who drove a 1000 HP car every day 2 and from work or whatever. That’s why people buy trailers. But I guess it really does depend on how u drive it b/c any car regardless of it HP, will F*** up if U floor it at every light and redline it constantly........so basically Godly HP+Good Driver=long lasting asphalt destroyer but a bad Godly HP+Dumb Ass Driver= Buying a new engine every week........... :ranting2:
[post=390202]Quoted post[/post]​

You need to call your ISP and have them disconnect you.

Someone lock this before Honkey gets back!

:lol:

Will the mods beat the clock? The unsuspecting Honkey could return any time!

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Sep 14 2004, 10:23 PM-->
elcangripapiex
@Sep 14 2004, 02:07 PM
Well that’s more less the answer I was looking for, I only ask b/c I never met a person who drove a 1000 HP car every day 2 and from work or whatever. That’s why people buy trailers. But I guess it really does depend on how u drive it b/c any car regardless of it HP, will F*** up if  U floor it at every light and redline it constantly........so basically Godly HP+Good Driver=long lasting asphalt destroyer but a bad Godly HP+Dumb Ass Driver= Buying a new engine every week........... :ranting2:
[post=390202]Quoted post[/post]​

You need to call your ISP and have them disconnect you.
[post=390409]Quoted post[/post]​

:lmao: Honkey hasn't lost his touch. :worthy:

Originally posted by elcangripapiex@Sep 15 2004, 11:07 PM
If you know your a F***ing retard shut the hell up
[post=390899]Quoted post[/post]​

Why don't you shut the fuck up, you fucking waste of cum? The best part of you ran down the crack of your momma's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress, son! You know what your problem is? You just don't have a fucking clue. You read shit like, oh, I don't know... fucking Sesame Street... and then you bust into your 8th grade english class, all full of piss and vinegar and get the piss (and vinegar) knocked right the fuck out of you by someone like me, who... you guessed it... knows what the fuck I'm talking about ALL THE FUCKING TIME. YOU need to shut the fuck up. YOU need to leave the internet to the grown ups. YOU need to unfuck yourself and start shitting me tiffany cuff links or I WILL SERIOUSLY FUCK YOU UP!

This topic has gotten out of control. There will be no further discussion / argument.

Closed by a moderator.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back