damaged si - *totaled or not?*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

faxanadu

fuck i just realized i put this in the wrong part of the forum... my bad. if mod could move it to the lounge that would be great! tahnks

eh, no more lurking...
anways at work today, there was an accident outside.
i didnt hear or see it happen but i saw the second car being towed away. it was a red 99 or 00 si.
im trying to determine if it was totaled or not. if it is i want to get first dibs on parting it out. and i know a way to do that. i wish i brought my digi with me but i forgot.

ok - the front bumber, hood, fenders, both headlights, windshield, bumper support (big metal bumper that has foam around it), and radiator are wasted. the engine looks "ok" and the wheels/tires are perfect!
the tow truck driver wouldnt let me try and open the hood but he did let me get up on the truck with his flashlight and look at it. im not sure if its totaled or not but i would like to hear other poeples opinions!?!

if its totaled and i can get it, :worthy: i might have hit a gold mine!
thanks -Brian

yup, probably a total loss, did the air bags deploy?

Originally posted by xyswany@Oct 10 2004, 12:19 PM
yup, probably a total loss, did the air bags deploy?
[post=400800]Quoted post[/post]​

i personally have not a clue. hehe. i believe the driver was intoxicated becaase the amount of police cars that arrived. im also hoping that hes going to off it so i can get to it b4 everyone else here does.

:D

Well here's the problem with getting your hands on that car, if the car is totaled.

When a car is totaled and the insurance company pays out to the owner the insurance company basically bought themselves a totaled car and then they send it off to an auction.

If it was your car, you can do a buy back from the insurance company.
If it was someone elses car, you're going to have to do one of two things.
Find the owner and make a deal with them to buy it back from the insurance company or find out what auction it's getting sent to.

good luck

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Oct 10 2004, 01:09 PM
Well here's the problem with getting your hands on that car, if the car is totaled.

When a car is totaled and the insurance company pays out to the owner the insurance company basically bought themselves a totaled car and then they send it off to an auction.

If it was your car, you can do a buy back from the insurance company.
If it was someone elses car, you're going to have to do one of two things.
Find the owner and make a deal with them to buy it back from the insurance company or find out what auction it's getting sent to.

good luck
[post=400818]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah ill probly be buying it in a lean sale from eithor the insurance company or the towyard. eh.

and in order to get it from auction, you need to have a dismantelers license, or somthing to that extent of a wrecker.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 10 2004, 04:06 PM
and in order to get it from auction, you need to have a dismantelers license, or somthing to that extent of a wrecker.
[post=400881]Quoted post[/post]​

well, one of my buddys is a tow truck driver for the same company and he said he would buy it for me then id pay him back. just hoping everyhting comes out as planned. ;)

there's a 'totaled car auction' place here, and theres a bad-fucking-ass evo there as we speak. i gotta figure out a way to get through 3 huge-ass razorwire fences, because the hatch needs recaros.

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 10 2004, 11:31 PM
there's a 'totaled car auction' place here, and theres a bad-fucking-ass evo there as we speak. i gotta figure out a way to get through 3 huge-ass razorwire fences, because the hatch needs recaros.

[post=401004]Quoted post[/post]​

i'd lile the IC! i'll give you 20 bucks for it...... :D

why is it that u would need to be a licensed dismantler? the prob is that most the slavage auction companies are not open to the general public....u need to be a dealer of some sort to get into them. otherwise than that if are or know someone that is a dealer then youtr all set u can take it home any way u wish.... I know, ive done this. My father owns a used car delaership and im singed up with just about every salvage auto auction in my area. I bought a parts car for my integra that im fixing this way and i picked it up with my old mans truck which has a equipment dealer plate on it and with a trailer with a trailer dealer plate on it which is not even legal to haul anything on...and is only supposed to be used for delivery of the trailer.nothing perticularly legal about the entire situation, but the auto autcion company didnt say shit

In washington state, if a car is sold via auction the public is allowed to buy it. Only case not, is if its a total loss and someone died in it, or there is criminal charges where then the car is only sold to someone with a dismantlers license meaning a wrecking yard.

Back