Damn computer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Oct 5 2004, 07:16 AM
Airjockey...my thoughts exactly.

Brian, I couldn't find that file .NTUSER, so where do I look. I found the uninstall for it though. And what about the IRC conflict you were talking about.

Mike, thanks, DLed, installed, but nothing seemed to change :(.
[post=398451]Quoted post[/post]​

:doh:

NTUSER is usually in the root directory of the C drive. It's a hidden file.

Originally posted by DarkHand@Oct 5 2004, 03:34 PM
Another important bit of info:

Windows XP SP2 will install on a pirated version of Windows. The idea of not letting pirates use the service pack was tossed out at the last minute. The only thing SP2 won't install with is a few of the most widely circulated CDKeys. All you needed was the good XP key generator and you wouldn't have had to pay the Microsoft tax. :D
[post=398481]Quoted post[/post]​

Service Pack 2 did install just fine, but it then wanted me to register that copy once it did, but it would accept any of the keys in the change product key screen, even though it's what I used to before.
It's all good now, I have a "legal" copy, and the numbers, so that's not a problem. My friend here has a Fdisk, so we're going to try that later. I tried System Mechanic for duplicate files, but wound up erasing files that keep Service Pack 2 "stable, even though it seems to work fine. Fuck it, it only takes a couple hours then I am back to where I am, everything is backed up :)

Back