Damn it...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Ok, so my computer totally crashed, wouldn't boot up window from either HD, nothing except well, nothing.

Ok, so I reinstall windows, and my copy apparently is a total piece of shit and for some reason can't copy certain files, but enough to start i, and install it. So I open the disc, and copy the missing ones one at a time into my system32 file (I wrote them down as the warnings popped up).

Ok, so I have all my drivers reinstalled, I am on the net and everything seems fine.

I DL and install Firefox, and nothing, a error message and that is all. WTF!??!?!?!

This is annoying.

I am going to try uninstalling and reinstalling, does anyone have any idea why this won't run?

Ok, now it is working, but the fucking scroll wheel isn't, damn it, I hate computers.

Im sure computers hate us to- specially when we load them with windows cause windows just sucks ! but its all we have for mass market

Actually, I have a copy of Knoppix Linux, but I am not comfortable enough to use it as my primary OS. Waiting for SuSe.

And I spoke to soon, Firefox crashed again. WTF?!?!

Do I need Java or some shit?

I may have to live with it, but I don't like it. I am going to continue trying.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Apr 5 2005, 05:20 PM
Is this a pirate copy of windows?
[post=483104]Quoted post[/post]​

Arrrr matey, what you be sayin' is blasphamy.

Can anyone decipher...

Instruction at - 0x12a3490 referenced memory at 0x012a3490 The memeory could not be "read"

I get this when Halflife 2 loads up, then it exits.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 5 2005, 10:08 AM
Can anyone decipher...

Instruction at - 0x12a3490 referenced memory at 0x012a3490 The memeory could not be "read"

[post=483122]Quoted post[/post]​

Sounds like your video driver.

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Apr 5 2005, 06:54 PM-->
@Apr 5 2005, 10:08 AM
Can anyone decipher...

[post=483122]Quoted post[/post]​

Sounds like your video driver.
[post=483179]Quoted post[/post]​

Interesting you say that since, I can't install the updated drivers, and am using the ones that came with the card. Hmmmm....

Anyway, I removed my RAM, swaped all four chips around to all the slots and had some interesting results. No boot using the new pieces in the old slots, and complete failure using the new pieces alone in the two previously empty slots. Now I am using the old GB, in the two previously unused slots, and it's flying. Fuck if I know. My brother in law is coming by tomorrow to troubleshoot it, so hopefully we can get it going. I am glad I can still get online, even if I can't play HL2 :(

And I am not kidding when I say flying, this shit is moving faster than it ever has, fuckin' weird.

Sometimes, certain boards (I think it has more to do with BIOS) don't like certain brands and speeds of memory. Even more strange is that memory that will work on its own sometimes won't work with other sticks.

See, I tried to get all the same kind, at least the same set up, single sided, but I ordered 2x512 and my brother in law did too (through a miscommunication) and they are all the same speeds, but double sided, and the original two I had in where single sided, so maybe they are conflicting, and that brought the system down. I wouldn't think something so drastic would happen, but till tomorrow, I am not ruling anything out.

I still want to know why my mouse will scroll on IE, but not Firafox.

Any ideas, this is really annoying.

Ok, updated in other thread about what has been done. Right now with nothing installed it works ok.

Anyway, does anyone think that running that Linux LiveDVD had anything to do with it? Since I ran it is about when it started messing up, and I have been getting I/O errors, so maybe it changed the way something looked for?

Back