Damn low idle!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

n8dawg

Ok I have been having an idle problem for awhile now, but after my first trip to the track my idle has been worse. Sometimes when i am standing still, if i rev up it will come back down and die out. Today I think I found something though. i was trying to check the hoses when i pulled the hose connecting the fuel pressure regulator to the intake manifold. When I took it off, it idled like a champ. When i put my finger over the hole of the i/m, the idle goes back to shit. So basically it seems like i am not getting enugh air to my engine to mix with the fuel. The hose was not clogged, do you guys this I need to replace my fuel pressure regulator or go in a different direction? I am gunna check my fuel pressure hopefully tomorrow or friday, and if that sucks then i will get a new fuel filter. But other than that i am out of ideas.

I can't think of the hose at this late in the night, but if it's old and rubber, it can be squishy and useless if it pinches itself.

I'm having the same problem man. I'm about to just get an adjustable FPR. hopefully that will take care of it. You might want to try the same....?

Back