Damn!! Need Me A Good Motor For Good Cash????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dodgeviper5124

Hey

Looking for some tips on where is the best prices for a B16A JDM Motor for my 90 Honda CRX?? Been looking around and the lowest i can find is around $900 - $1000 US Dollars? Anyone got some better tips i really dont want to spend that much but if i have to then i guess i will...... Also can yall tell me what is the difference between a long block and not?? Hey thanks for yall replies i appreciate it...

Thanks

dodge:wtf:

welcome to the board dodge

hmotorsonline.com
thats the only place i would get a motor unless i went to pull it or pick it up in person and could run a compression and/or leakdown test on the motor myself...

remember you get what you pay for
i bought an H22 from osaka because they were the cheapest, but in the long run i had to take a whole day to drive to canada, meet the assholes in person and return the garbage motor for one that was up to par...

search classifieds etc and search local forums...
just use your head before you lay down your hard earned money
where are you located?

unless you already have a B16 in the car and are just looking to replace it, you would be better off getting a complete swap, or at a minimum, the engine transmission and ECU - the longblock is basically the complete engine with head and accessories - to put a B16A in the CRX will require, in addition to the B16A engine, a PR3 or PW0 ECU, a B-series transmission, aftermarket mount kit and shift linkage (like Hasport), axles and intermediate shaft from 90-93 Integra and exhaust work - if your CRX is HF model, you would also need to swap the front knuckles/hubs for ones from 88-91 CRX DX/Si or 88-91 Civic DX/LX/EX or Si - depending on the model of your CRX, you could have quite a bit of wiring to do

Back