damn, now what?! c1 lsd or c5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SPEEDFREAK0920

thanks for all the positive responds i've gotten from this forum. i had one [hopefully] last question regarding which swap for my civic. i was going to do the itr swap with installation for 4600 because i really wanted the lsd tranny that the c1 lacked and i aslo want to run 13's. but im also on a 5k limit for the swap so i wouldn't have much left over to do anything to my car. all i have currently is kudo coilovers, not even a chamber kit! i found a c1 comp. swap with lsd tranny for 3950 incl. installation. should i stick with the itr? if so what should i spend the left over $400 on? or should i go with the c1? and if so what should i spend the left over $1050 on? i want to be running 13's or very low 14's. thank u guys so much for helping me out and giving me ur oppinions.

I would hold out until you have more money. Your not going to want a fresh swap in your car and 4 bald/flat tires. The wait will be worth it.

I was in the low 14's with my LSD GSR swap. 14.113 @ 98 mph to be exact. With a sub-2-second 60 ft time I could have hit 13.9 easily. I say go for it and get a camber kit and some sticky rubber.

ITR is a hell of a motor in a Civic. The GSR is nice, but the ITR rocks it, and I am a firm believer that it is worth the extra cash.

itr motor for sure, save the 400 and get some new suspension or something.

dohch22... did u have anything done to your gsr to run that 14.11? ya i was talking to one of my buddies and he said i should just do it myself and save the money. im only gonna be spending 4100 for the complete itr swap, so what should i spend the other 900 on? please any help would be appreciated. thanks again bros

4100 is a steal for a legit ITR swap. go for it.

The motor is an internally stock JDM GSR motor, LSD tranny. 10.6:1 compression is the only difference between USDM and JDM. SR intake and free flowing exhaust. 13's should not be hard to get with a good driver. Keep in mind it was a 97 degree day and I was @ about 2600 ft.

hmotorsonline.com they have some good ass deals. so do u think it would be smarter to go with the gsr lsd swap for 3450 and use the 1500 left over to add some hp? sorry for asking so many questions and thanks for helping me out man

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Apr 22 2004, 04:37 PM
You'll never be able to be as good as an ITR swap for that extra 1500. I say go for the ITR swap.

this is a good point if your staying na.

thanks for all the help guys. just one more question cuz i'm curious...would ls/turbo swap be any good compared to an itr swap? considering the 13's i wanna run. thanks again and if no1 responds ish all good. thanks for all the help this forum has given me. HONDA LUV!

if you are looking to drag race you will have FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR better results with a turbocharged engine

leave the ITR swaps for us road coursers

Originally posted by SPEEDFREAK0920@Apr 23 2004, 05:36 AM
thanks for all the help guys. just one more question cuz i'm curious...would ls/turbo swap be any good compared to an itr swap? considering the 13's i wanna run. thanks again and if no1 responds ish all good. thanks for all the help this forum has given me. HONDA LUV!

Several people have run 13s in B16A hatchs, N/A at that, and with just bolts ons even. An ITR can get you into the 13's.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 22 2004, 11:41 PM
if you are looking to drag race you will have FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR better results with a turbocharged engine

leave the ITR swaps for us road coursers

:werd:

damn...now im back to phase 1! ls/turbo, won't it be a pain in the ass to maintaine? i've heard that slapping a turbo on an ls bends rods? that true? would a rev hard stage 2 + ls equal 13's? stick with the ls trans. ? actually.....wont i end up spending more money than just getting the itr swap? i feel like a dumbass asking all these questions but im new to this stuff and that's why i came to you guys. thanks a lot bros

Back