Damn praire dogs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Jan 15 2004, 03:29 PM
why did it look like they were jus mosying around like the hellicopter wasnt there while it was fucking them up? i mean the one dude got blasted away and his buddy like 10 feet away was jus walkin around like nothing happened. i would be running my ass off tryin to hide or get away. just seemed kinda odd to me.

:werd: I would have ran my ass off if I saw one of my buddies get blasted!!

Originally posted by UDT+Jan 16 2004, 12:32 AM-->
@Jan 15 2004, 04:03 PM
:werd:

Sick bastards. Won't even watch the video. If it's farmers doing it to stop prairie dog holes in their fields, that's one thing. But for enjoyment, that's another. same as killing cats or dogs.

i agree 100% and i wouldint watch it either

Ahhhh, the beauty of having a choice. (kind of ironic, since the Pdogs didn't)

what kind of round did they use to shoot the prairie dogs?

30.06? I dont think a odd-six would make a little varmit blow up like that...

and cool video airjokie !!!!!!!!!!!! that shit was bad ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how did he hit the guy? he started shooting when the crosshairs were away from the target....

OMFG, that prairie dog vid is hilarious!!!! Hahaha!!

The helicopter vid is kind of cool too.

30mm with exploding shells=deadguy splatter i didnt like the yea hes wounded ok light him up again part. but from what ive read on it the guys had a stinger in a feild er sumthin.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Jan 15 2004, 06:46 PM
how did he hit the guy? he started shooting when the crosshairs were away from the target....

they arent perfectly calibrated at all times. different distances away from the target, wind coditions and all that would affect it. he obviously has done that many times before and in that area. if you watch closely, you can see the bullets being off the crosshairs a little bit.

Cool helicopter vid. they f*ck with us why not get even a little bit??? As for the prarie dogs, :spam:

Carnage, beautiful. My buddy's 30-30 blew the head off a large bird, so it's easy to believe a high powered rifle could do that to a prarie dog.

[A-Team] NICE BA! [/A-Team]

:yes:

Originally posted by Prowler@Jan 15 2004, 01:03 PM
:werd:

Sick bastards. Won't even watch the video. If it's farmers doing it to stop prairie dog holes in their fields, that's one thing. But for enjoyment, that's another. same as killing cats or dogs.

I :concur: that's fucking wrong! :thumbsdown:

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Jan 15 2004, 06:46 PM
what kind of round did they use to shoot the prairie dogs?

30.06? I dont think a odd-six would make a little varmit blow up like that...

223...22-250...222...many different,I use a 223 w/winchester varmnit rounds...and we do it for field control...rabbits and crows also.....crows make the biggest mess....those rounds put a 13" exit hole in a 70# turkey but a friend of mine just got a marlin .17 and its impressive,we'll be using those from now on

Saw that helicopter clip on a news program. Think it happened recently in Iraq. A couple of seconds forward of that movie they spotted them tossing something into the fields, looked exactly like a rocket propelled gernade. One reason they hit the guy a second time, incase another one was in the truck. This really shines some light on why foreign enemies give the Apache the nickname of "whisper of death", and such. That helicopter was so quite that the guys on the ground never heard it at all until it fired. Kind of hard to imagine that much firepower being so close and having no idea that its there. Guess thats why the US is the number one super power. To bad the blackhawks arent having as much luck.

Originally posted by brianfg@Jan 15 2004, 09:27 PM
Saw that helicopter clip on a news program. Think it happened recently in Iraq. A couple of seconds forward of that movie they spotted them tossing something into the fields, looked exactly like a rocket propelled gernade. One reason they hit the guy a second time, incase another one was in the truck. This really shines some light on why foreign enemies give the Apache the nickname of "whisper of death", and such. That helicopter was so quite that the guys on the ground never heard it at all until it fired. Kind of hard to imagine that much firepower being so close and having no idea that its there. Guess thats why the US is the number one super power. To bad the blackhawks arent having as much luck.

how can a helicopter be "so quiet"

someone please explain....

Apache helicopter to be more exact...

the helicopter had to be at least a mile away for them not to hear it?

helicopters are loud as fuck...

The most probable reason it is so quiet would be the blade design. The sound of a helicopter is mostly from the movement of the blades in the air. I would guess that with the military's tech, they made it so either the blades do not produce so much sound, or it is simply directed in another direction, instead of towards the ground. I am sure Airjockie could give the correct answer on this.

BTW if you think that is quiet, I recently went out to a spot that a lot of people go 4 wheeling, and the military flys the new Osprey planes out there. We went in the night and these things were no more than 1000 feet off the ground but we could barely hear them, the sound was almost inaudible.

There isn't much that can tangle with an Apache...

Except a HIND.

Back