DAMN SEWER DRAINS!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So one day I'm pissed at work and I decide to go for a quick ride on my lunch break. I just put on my front upper strunt bar so a long curve I easily take at 80 I decide to try. Well I hug the turn better than ever and push it to 90 and it was feeling great. Then I hit a sewer, and it throws me up onto the curb and I'm two wheels up and two down. then i come off in the apex and do a 360 into the emergency lane (it was a nice recovery) just in time before cars start passing. Moral of the story: WATCH OUT FOR THOSE FUCKING ANNOYING SEWER DRAINS!! lol and don't be so pissed at work that you take the road like ur on the track.

well i spun my prelude 4 days ago. They are re-doing the roads by my house, so all the roads are covered in rocks, and i was going 30 in a 25 and spun my car out on the curve. I ended up in the other lane going the opposite direction. crazy nuts stuff.

i saw a bimmer get airborne and flip onto its roof trying to take a turn too fast. he hit the curb and it launched him. landed on his roof and slid about 50 ft. into a concrete light pole. i called 911 as soon as i got home. a cop at the scene later said that the guy was concious but doesn't know what condition he was in. the firemen were using the jaws of life to get him out.

:fr: you could have hurt someone or yourself ... take your aggression to a track its alot safer

Yep. I have spun my car 4 times. Twice was at an autoX, another time was at a s trun where there are zero trees, however a few signs. Missed one of the signs by ten feet. That made me shit my pants. The last time was going fast into a freinds sub, back end spun on some gravel, and I did a 180. I made my friend almost shit his pants.

Originally posted by crazylxracer@Sep 29 2003, 04:42 PM
Moral of the story: WATCH OUT FOR THOSE FUCKING ANNOYING SEWER DRAINS!! lol and don't be so pissed at work that you take the road like ur on the track.

Or....you could not be stupid when you're pissed, either that or do it on some backroads.

did your car piss you off? did those other motorists piss you off? No. So why take the stupidity out on them?

I'd like to fancy myself competent and safe driver. And I autocross.

But I'll take my car to break neck speeds on just about any road. And I haven't had a problem with that reasoning because I spent a lot of time tuning my driving skills, my decisions and my car to do just that.

Driving fast is right for some people. If you've ever shopped for tires at Walmart choosing the cheapest brand and model to get, you're not one of those people.

Ever driven one of these "Driving appliance" cars that are all over the road ? $20 tires, cheapest "lifetime warrantee" brakes and dippy old suspension? These cars can't even do the speedlimit safely, in my opinion, and the people that choose to maintain their cars that way shouldn't be behind the wheel.

I'll respect someone driving break-neck with the proper gear and training FAR before I'll respect some f*cker in a dodge aries with tons of crap flying all over the interior - Yelling at people like me to slow the hell down.

Honestly, can or can your car not handle a road at 3 times the speed limit ?

-> Steve

i was really fuckin pissed while leaving work one day cause my boss was giving me shyt. I was on the parkway driving like a dickhead bat out of hell i.e.(80+ in 5pm traffic) and went to dip around someone merging onto the parkway, i hit a dip in the road. it spun me completely around and i missed a van with little kids in it by INCHES! i was so lucky not to kill anyone or myself for that matter. i caut the spin b4 my second 360, and brushed a gaurd rail with my passenger 1/4 panel.
needles to say that it cost me 2500 in damages to my car, my nitto drag radials were square when i finally stopped. i dont take my anger to the road anymore, i just punch people and walls and stuff.
dont worry, i didnt crash the civic, it was my corolla :p

and yes like steve said, with a good suspension setup, 3x the speed limit is very comfortable for some.

Just so you all know I'm not a dumbass around other people. I wouldn't want someone practicing racing techniques around me on a public road. I only put myself in danger. That was a really bad day for me and I did make sure nobody was in danger. So, I do most of my practice on back country roads at 11pm or so. Funny thing is my only accidents have been while driving normally close to speed limit (+- 5mph) and never hit anybody else's car in my life (ok, not counting tappin my moms car a couple times parkin her bumper was already f'ed up)

A close friend of mine spun out on the highway one day when he was pissed off, he was doing about 190 kph around a corner and it got loose on him, he spun into the other lane and hit a bus doing 100 kph. Dave died right there, the bus driver died and 6 people on the bus spent some time in the hospital. Before you drive mad, take a deep breath, have a smoke, go for a walk.........dont drive, its fuckin stupid and can affect way more than just you. just my .02$

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Oct 2 2003, 07:43 PM
I love how you people are all high and mightey morally, like you've never done anything dumb when your pissed off.

When I get pissed off, I go for a drive to calm myself down. I don't fly through downtown at 90 mph and hit potholes and shit.

I drive around and listen to some music at, or at most 10 over the speed limit, I obey all the laws (except the speed limit by that 10 over) and I'm still curteous to other drivers....like persay I'll wave someone through a stop sign or allow someone to cut in front of me. That calms me down the most.

Did your car piss you off? Did those innocent motorists and pedestrians piss you off?

No...???

Then why would you endanger them for something they didn't do? <_<

I don't think I'm all high and mighty because I have done stupid stuff like that, but I've settled down A LOT.

Back