Damn this CRX BUZZES!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

I have a 10" Punch XLC on a 700 watt amp in the back of my CRX and it rattles and buzzes my car like a bitch. (Ya, ya i know, its a 250w sub with a 700w amp, and i am also aware that its small) Anyone know a good way to sound proof the inside of my CRX? Where are the problem spots and also, what brand rear speakers I should buy (right now they're the free Dual speakers you get from Best Buy when you buy a cd player)? (I have a pair of unistalled Boss 300w speakers for the front, are these any good?) Thanks for the help.

-Kai

when you pull the panels out i would recomend using a two part expanding foam in all the holes that go to the body, the two part doesnt need air to cure, where as just the one part does and will maybe never cure. Also i would use Dynamat extreme over that, then put your panels on. Do the roof, floor, doors and the foam in the hard to reach spots and that thing will be DEAD for sure. But thats an EXTREME case. I little dynamat can go along way, if you just put it in the trouble spots.

Its not actually that loud, my crx just BUZZES like a mofo. When my sub hits the right frequencies, even at low db, the whole back of the car buzzes like shit!!

Originally posted by thegreat1310@Nov 24 2003, 12:04 AM
umm no boss sucks, get a couple of rolls of dynamat or the spray crap, dynamats better

I dissagree, Boss is just fine for a budget system
I have a set of boss components in the front of my car and a set of boss 2ways in the rear and they sound great, both are powered by rockford amps and I have one 10" visonik sub powered by a Kenwood amp

as for the vibrations and buzzing.... dynamat, but don't actually buy dynamat or you will be in the poor house... go with Brown Bread, you can find it on ebay and it is much cheaper and very good. I put 70sqft of it in my car this summer and am very happy with it. if you don't want to mess with expanding foam another option would be to go to a fabric store and by some poly fil stuff that is used for pillows and stuffed animals, etc and pack any body cavities with that (only body cavities on the car though :blink:

the spray on stuff works good but smells like absolute crap, BrownBread has virtually no smell at all and has a nice shiny silver foil backing

Back