Damn winter beater!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97CTR

s4050eb730003c.jpg

s4050eb8b5f38a.jpg

s4050eb9d7ef53.jpg

For my winter rig I bought a 90 Land Cruiser for 600 bucks. I put in a new battery, starter, and exhuast. The 4wheel drive works awesome thats why I got it. A few days ago the rear brakes went. The pads had worn down so far that the wheel cylinder crapped out. I bought new shoes and two wheel cylinders. Which totaled 66 bucks, not bad. So I get the drums off with a BFH (pain in the ass), and go to get them turned. The max diameter for them is 285mm, one measured at 288mm so it was junk, another 90 bucks for that. Tomorrow I get into the guts, I just know that I am going to have to replace lines too, they are pretty bad. Point of this rant: I really just wanted to run this damn thing into the ground and not spend any money on it and put money towards my car, but it looks like I will have a rather good winter rig for next year after I get all of the normal maintenance things done.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Mar 11 2004, 05:36 PM
eh fuck it- drive the fugger into a tree, rub some deer hair on it and be done with the beast and back to the honda

did you see the jackass were they went to the gas stion with blood on the car and hair. it was funny . that made me think of that

Originally posted by 97CTR@Mar 11 2004, 05:35 PM
Point of this rant: I really just wanted to run this damn thing into the ground and not spend any money on it and put money towards my car, but it looks like I will have a rather good winter rig for next year after I get all of the normal maintenance things done.

All older cars need maintenance. So far, I think you're doing okay. Having good brakes are really important.

I'm with the camo suggestion... On a beater like that, it'd be fun to waste $20 some some spray cans. ;)

most of its only surface rust, it is a toyota though so tomorrow I could go out there and it could be a pile of red dust. It does have power windows, doors locks, disc changer, and all that good stuff.

I like it. Nuff said :)

-> Steve

Older Toyotas are all the world needs for offroad rigs. Good gas, reliable, and stout. My friends call my 1987 4Runner "The Afghani Hummer"

Hell yeah, she will see plenty off woods this summer. It will be good to scout mountain bike trails.

But it now has new shoes, one new drum (couldn't be turned) and new rear lines. Only too took a few hours, most of which was going back and forth for more parts.

I think a good rolling would make that thing look more distinguished. Oh yeah, camo paint kicks ass. :ph34r:

Back