Damn Yakuza

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DarkHand

VIP
I remember the awesome scenery in this dream much more than the storyline, so the details might not be that good. :) Most all of my 'good' dreams always have background music, artsy camera angles, etc. This was one of them. :) My descriptions aren't quite as detailed as I'd like them to be, so try to imagine the scene and situations as you go along. :)

So in this dream I'm working for the Yakuza. I'm in Tokyo in the future... I'm standing far outside the city high on a hill during sunrise, the whole city is lit up in gold... the semi-futuristic buildings gleaming from the light, speckled with lights from the interior rooms. 75% of the buildings are 2x taller than the Sears Tower, and several times as wide. Most cars are on the ground, but a few are flying around the city.

After some ogling of the scene (complete with matching background music), I'm in a giant mall, with ads flashing everywhere. It's got that hard near-futuristic feel yet is just soft enough to feel inviting and homely at the same time. The setup is quite nice, its large and open, no walls seperate the stores from one another, or the thoughways from the stores... there's a defined open area for walking though the mall, but nothing really seperates it from the stores themselves. Standard mall music plays in the background. In the corner is a deli/coffee shop of some kind, which I head over to and sit down to recieve my instructions.

A shady looking Japanese teenager walks past and hands me a blue-clear PDA without stopping. Somehow I know I am to simply take it to a store across the mall and hide it in a clothing rack.

I start walking across the mall and notice I'm being followed by a slick Japanese man in a black suit and sunglasses. I'm really terrified of this guy, and all I know is I've got to lose him. It's early morning, so the mall's morning rush is just starting. I move into a sea of people, head up and down a few escalators, and after about 10 minutes of tense evading, I manage to elude him.

I start making my way back to my drop point in a much quieter area of the mall. Almost no one is around and it's very quiet. As I walk into the store, a holographic recording of an overly hyper japanese girl bouncing up and down in her new clothes starts playing, breaking the silence, announcing my entrance to the store. It's an ad. I continue on and it turns off automatically. Since I'm alone, I quickly place the PDA inside the clothing rack I'm supposed to and start to walk off. Just as I do, I hear the holographic ad again from the entrance. (Tense background music starts to play). Turning around, two men are entering the store from different directions. A lanky american, and the slick Japanese man that was following me! They're both heading directly for the rack that I hid the PDA in. The Japanese man that was following me gets to it first, grabs it, and runs off. The american yells to me: "Stop him!" I was already wary of the slick Japanese man, since he was following me, so I listen to the american and chase after him.

(Chase music and shaky camera shots during this whole scene) Now we're running as fast as we can through a growing sea of people, several thousand at least (did I mention this was a BIG mall?). The slick Japanese man is knocking people down, pushing through the crowd to get away. He's gaining a large lead over me and I'm starting to lose sight of him. He starts down an escalator packed with people, one of several dozen double-wide escalators spanning 5 stories, all in a line, and is unable to get through the people; he'll have to wait and ride it out till he gets to the bottom. I jump onto the railing and slide down, getting to the bottom just as he does. I tackle him, grab the PDA, and hold him there till the authorities, who have been trying to catch us but were unable to get to us through the crowd, arrive. I pocket the PDA so the cops don't take it and hand the man off to them (why they didn't even ask about me is beyond me). The american finally catches up and I give the PDA to him. He thanks me and leaves rather quickly.

It's later now, and I head back to the deli/coffee shop and slip through the back door. I'm in the back storage area of the mall, the Yakuza hideout is here. I'm here to recieve my pay. The back area of the mall is nothing like the large open outer areas. It's drab and plain, the hallways are narrow and the ceilings are low. The 'godfather' is here, he has the voice of the mob godfather from the Simpsons (the one who wants to see Krusty ride the tiny bike through the loop). Kind of odd that I'm dealing with the godfather, I thought I would be paid by some random guy and I'd be off. He's dealing with someone else right now, and I'm watching and listening. The godfather is talking in a calm voice: "Your problem has been dealt with. You wanted proof, yes?" He hands him a black breifcase, which he opens to reveal a severed arm. "Thank you", the man says, and he heads out.

I'm up next, a little nervous after seeing the results of the last guys meeting. The godfather looks at me, slightly annoyed, but hides it and says: "I'm sure you hid the files, yes?" I nod. "A man came to take them, yes?" I nod again. "A Japanese man, yes?" Now I'm terrified. "No. I know all about it. You gave them to an american, yes? An american operative, no less. You gave the files to the wrong man, you fool!" In walks the slick Japanese man, holding a black breifcase and a large knife.

can i climb inside your head for a day? from the way you described it, that dream rocks. :nod: awesome story :p all i ever dream about is weird shit. <_<

Back