damnit, bush is still alive

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@May 12 2005, 04:59 AM
Onto the greater point at hand. You all will sit here and piss, moan, and complain that we need a more effective system of defensive, we need this, we need that yet we're all guilty for not wanting our taxes to increase. Well, how then are they going to build a more effective defense system or change anything if they don't have the funding to do so? Money makes the world go round and we as Americans want it all without having to pay a penny extra. The next time they want to increase the budget, thereby increasing your taxes, vote for the increase or don't complain with the results you get.
[post=498156]Quoted post[/post]​

Problem is, we have funding, it's missappropriated though. The US government pisses aways millions, upon millions, upon millions of tax dollars on garbage, and special interest then foots the bill to the taxpayer. I mean something as bullshit as Congressman, and presidents getting their salary for the rest of their lives? Fuck that, that alone would free up millions.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 12 2005, 12:28 AM
Problem is, we have funding, it's missappropriated though. The US government pisses aways millions, upon millions, upon millions of tax dollars on garbage, and special interest then foots the bill to the taxpayer. I mean something as bullshit as Congressman, and presidents getting their salary for the rest of their lives? Fuck that, that alone would free up millions.

I absolutely agree, but you can't lay this sad fact on one president like people seem to intend.

We as people have the send the message that we will not stand for a $10,000 hammer. Until we can actively reform a budget that is still effective, though, we're going to be looking at increased taxes for any major increase we demand.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@May 12 2005, 06:07 PM
I absolutely agree, but you can't lay this sad fact on one president like people seem to intend.

We as people have the send the message that we will not stand for a $10,000 hammer. Until we can actively reform a budget that is still effective, though, we're going to be looking at increased taxes for any major increase we demand.
[post=498377]Quoted post[/post]​

We have been since Reagan, they don't seem to care. Honestly, if it were me, or 99% of the people here, you wouldn't either if your pockets were the ones being lined. It's easy to justify one more tax dollar.

Back