Damnit, I'm half blind

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

on my lens paper or whatever its called(paper from the doctor for when you go get your glasses); i had 20/100 for my right eye, 20/30 for the other....what do the numbers mean?

pretty much means you are FUCKING BLIND in your right eye and can see ok from your left
usually there isnt that much of a difference
did you have some kind of injury or anything??? one of my friends is like that... he had an infection or some shit in his eye when he was a baby so he is damn near blind in one eye

By looking at lots of people, eye doctors have decided what a "normal" human being should be able to see when standing 20 feet away from an eye chart. If you have 20/20 vision, it means that when you stand 20 feet away from the chart you can see what the "normal" human being can see. (In metric, the standard is 6 meters and it's called 6/6 vision). In other words, if you have 20/20 vision your vision is "normal" -- a majority of people in the population can see what you see at 20 feet. (From here on, please assume that the word normal has quotes around it.)

If you have 20/40 vision, it means that when you stand 20 feet away from the chart you can see what a normal human can see when standing 40 feet from the chart. That is, if there is a normal person standing 40 feet away from the chart and you are standing only 20 feet away from it, you and the normal person can see the same detail. 20/100 means that when you stand 20 feet from the chart you can see what a normal person standing 100 feet away can see. 20/200 is the cutoff for legal blindness in the United States.

You can also have vision that is better than the norm. A person with 20/10 vision can see at 20 feet what a normal person can see when standing 10 feet away from the chart.

Hawks, owls and other birds of prey have much more acute vision than humans. A hawk has a much smaller eye than a human being but has lots of sensors (cones) packed into that space. This gives a hawk vision that is eight times more acute than a human's. A hawk might have 20/2 vision!

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question126.htm

Quoted post[/post]]
pretty much means you are FUCKING BLIND in your right eye and can see ok from your left
usually there isnt that much of a difference
did you have some kind of injury or anything??? one of my friends is like that... he had an infection or some shit in his eye when he was a baby so he is damn near blind in one eye

Im not really sure, but i think it was battery acid when i was little. I was with my cousin, we were playing with a car battery(it was outside at my dad's friend's house during a party), and something happend and acid got in our eyes(i remember something happend, but not sure how; i was maybe 4 yrs old?). hes ~20/80 in his left eye, im 20/100 in my right eye. the eye doctors say its just a lazy eye though; i can still see out of it but its like half black(i guess kind of like putting black frames in between every other frame in a movie; you cant really see details but you know its there.

wow thats shitty
could have been worse i guess

wMTExMTE3MDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

my contact case says I have -6.5 in my right eye -7.0 in my left.

-1.0 left
-1.25 right

I'm not that bad.

Goddamn, you guys with -6 and -7, what the hell do you do? Sit and stare at the TV from 2 inches away all night long?

Bryan, i cant resist dude...what eye doctor do you go to. The only time i had my eyes checked (physical for USNA) i had 20/10, and from what i understand all eye tests are measured at 20 feet....so how do you have anything but a 20 as the first number?

in 2001 my eyes were:
O.D.= -3.00
O.S.= -3.25

in 2003:
O.D.= -3.50
O.S.= -3.50 -.25x6 <- ?

last time i went, my doc didn't give me a paper

You are all some Ray Charles motherfuckers. -6.50, and -7.00? Jesus dude, you're 1 point away from not being able to wear contacts. I am like -2.75 and -3.25, and I thought that was bad.

yep. when I was a kid, I used to sit and play playstation/nintendo, 3 feet away. I used to stand 2 feet away fromo the microwave waiting for my macaroni and cheese and I used to play with my eyes, i'd touch them, poke them and rub them.

poeple with up to -12 can wear contacts now.

I saw a pack of them at the optometrist.

I might have even been 7 i dunno,back then i could bust off 3 in the shower (30minutes) but of course, i wasn't busting off anything... just gettin tingly.
First time i had a boner i was 5, and i humped a fluffy chair in front of my friend.
He still remembers.

3-4 years ago, I was over my friends house. His brother is about 4-5 years younger then us, so about 8 or so. We came in and went into his brother's room to get the playstation.

What we found was literally wrong, disgusting and beastly. His brother and his brother's friend were fucking with the dog. One was trying to get it fuck the dog from behind (he didn't get very far), the other WAS sucking the dogs dick.

We just started beating the shit out of them. His mom came up and we explained, she joined in on the beating, 10 mins later the other kids mom came and beat the shit out of him too. Later that night, they both got beat when their dads got home.

Quoted post[/post]]
3-4 years ago, I was over my friends house. His brother is about 4-5 years younger then us, so about 8 or so. We came in and went into his brother's room to get the playstation.

What we found was literally wrong, disgusting and beastly. His brother and his brother's friend were fucking with the dog. One was trying to get it fuck the dog from behind (he didn't get very far), the other WAS sucking the dogs dick.

We just started beating the shit out of them. His mom came up and we explained, she joined in on the beating, 10 mins later the other kids mom came and beat the shit out of him too. Later that night, they both got beat when their dads got home.
Even the pope would talk for that story.
That is fucking disgusting.
:puke: :puke:

wtf?
where did that come from????

ooh my gawdddd

Back