Dana White says NO to Sims/Thomas II, or I actually

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
411mania.com

guess the street fight was all they get, hope it was worth it, they're blackballed from UFC now

funny thing is had they asked Dana I'm sure he would have let it go down, but they blew it.

We should make a forum for mma.

It's like the new "texas holdem" that hit 2 years ago. Everyone is bonkers for it.

I loved it up until UFC 7 (I hated Oleg Tektaroff) (sp?)

then I got out of watching it

but got back into it for Couture V Lidell, been hooked ever sense. Never miss a show, have every DVD

the early ufc's were sick. i'll never forget maurice smith's front kick 3 seconds in that sent the guy flying 15 feet back to the fence.

patrick smith, and it was a thrust kick (heal and ball of foot as point of impact not ball of foot)

Last edited:
back when nobody knew judo except the gracie's. i like UFC better back then. I would love to just watch a street fighting tournament. jeans and t-shirts. 3 fights a night. winner gets 10k. whole season of it. then there is a championship episode at the end where the winner gets 100k or something.

Well, aw fuck it nevermind dude
naw man, elaborate.

judo was great back then because nobody else knew it. simply put, UFC has evolved. if you don't know judo, wrestling and hand work, you will fail. back then you could do anything. shit, tank abbott wore wrestling shoes and cutoff jeans.

Brazilian Jiu jitsu, not judo.
i don't know the difference.

it's funny how they didn't even have corner men back then. that guy got fucked up and mccarthy just helps him out of the ring. pretty much if you thought you were a bad ass, you could go fight.

Judo= Allot of throws

Jujitsu= wrestling style take downs and joint manipulation/ choking

Judo is a good transition artform in MMA, it's a great way to get somebody from their feet to their back

I used to go watch live all the time. A regular bar customer was a comp host at mandalay bay. comp host = free tickets to anything. used to go to houes of blues. last ufc i saw ortiz fought a russian olympic gold winner in wresteling and he beat that guy worse than i would have believe possible.

Back