Dark Knight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

She looks just like Katie Holmes, only 20 years in the future. :ph34r:

Yeah, seriously, she's not much of a looker. Maybe they should have just cast Jake as Rachel Dawes instead?

i thought the movie was freakin awesome

but i don't think there can ever be another joker in a batman film.

Well Maggie G. is signed for a second movie, same with two-face. There's talks of Maggie G. being catwoman next movie.

Well Maggie G. is signed for a second movie, same with two-face. There's talks of Maggie G. being catwoman next movie.

Source please...

EDIT: Is this where you're getting your info from?

Angelina Jolie is NOT Catwoman in Batman 3, it’s Maggie Gyllenhaal : Hollywood Newsroom

If so, then you've been had. That article is crap. If you actually go read the MTV article that they link to as their source, it was just an interview with the cast where they talked about which Batman characters they'd LIKE to play, not which ones they WILL play.

As far as I know neither Eckhart or Maggie Gyllenhall are contracted for another movie. And that article sounds like it was written by a grade-schooler; it's not professional sounding at all. Chris Nolan hasn't even said that he's going to make another sequel yet, so anything that says "x person has been cast as x character" probably shouldn't be taken seriously at this point...

Last edited:
I just got done watching it this afternoon. Very good film, I really want to go see it in Imax. I had to settle for watching a shall we say "below" average version of the film...... But having a small child running around does not go well in the theaters. So you gotta take what you can get.

I had to settle for watching a shall we say "below" average version of the film...... But having a small child running around does not go well in the theaters. So you gotta take what you can get.

You can usually get a refund when crap like that happens.

I had to see it a second time because the first time some dumb bitch decided it was a good idea to bring her screaming infant to the theaters opening weekend.

I had to see it a second time because the first time some dumb bitch decided it was a good idea to bring her screaming infant to the theaters opening weekend.

I am ruthless when it comes to shit like that. I get people kicked out of movies left and right...

I'm not sure what article it was, my sister read it offline to me when we were having dinner the other night.

I'm not sure what article it was, my sister read it offline to me when we were having dinner the other night.

Yeah, that's the only article I've seen that's actually made that claim. If it were true I think it would be more widely reported.

Also, they don't even spell the character's name right. It's "Rachel Dawes" and they put "Rachel Dawson." So yeah, I very much doubt the authenticity there...

dont ask why, but i went and saw it again. it was not half as good as the first time. i knew when everything was going to happen and it kinda sucked.

still... the best part of the movie is when joker makes the pensil dissapear. end of story...

dont ask why, but i went and saw it again. it was not half as good as the first time. i knew when everything was going to happen and it kinda sucked.

still... the best part of the movie is when joker makes the pensil dissapear. end of story...

I saw it twice also, and I actually liked it better the second time. I think it's because I was really tired on my first viewing though. I went to a midnight Thursday showing. I caught more of the plot details the second time around, especially the part where the guy goes on the talk show and then the Joker calls in and tells people to kill him within an hour or else a hospital will be blown up. I was a little fuzzy on what was going on there the first time around.

Anyway, I really, really hope that they release a director's cut of this, or at least put some deleted scenes on the DVD/Blu-Ray. I know the movie is long as is, but honestly I felt like it needed to be longer. I realize that with a movie you're expected to fill in the blanks of what happens between scenes, but there were a few spots where I felt that they trimmed out to much (probably due to time constraints). The party scene is a good example. Great scene, but after Batman jumps out the window to save Rachel, it just cuts to the next day with no explanation as to what happened to the Joker. Obviously we assume that he didn't find Harvey Dent and he left, but a brief scene showing that would have been nice, and a good excuse to throw in some additional footage of Ledger as the Joker.

It seemed like there were a few awkward edits as well, and I assume it was to cut down on the gore and violence level to keep it a PG-13. Hopefully they would alleviate that in a director's cut.

We'll see what happens I guess. I'm hopeful, but not too hopeful, since Nolan didn't do a Director's cut on Batman Begins, or even put any deleted scenes on the DVD at all...

Back